Php remote include
    Hi why won't this code work have I done something wrong? Thanks

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>test</title>
    </head>

<body>
    <?php include("http://www.sportinglife.com/football/popup/live_tables.auto?/opt/ASFapache/htdocs/site/football/live/tables/premiership.insdat"); ?>
    </body>

</html>
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 04:18 AM
    The code looks OK to me but there could be a number of things stopping this.

First read the paragraph starting "If "URL_fopen_wrappers" are enabled in PHP..." (under example 16-6) on the PHP Manual for the include function.

Secondly, importing a page like this is going to mess up your HTML. For example it may read:

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>test</title>
    </head>

<body>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Sporting Life - Football: Live</title>
    <link rel=stylesheet type="text/css" href="http://www.sportinglife.com/styles/main_styles.css">
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="0">
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="90">
    </title>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#f1f0fe"
    >
    Chances are this will mess up the look or the page you are trying to include it on.

Next - just including like this is BAD. I think you may be breaking copyright. This will also push up the bandwidth usage of the site you are importing (bad).

I'll keep looking for the correct answer though.
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 11, 2006, 03:17 PM
    I seen a link before on the site with "link too us". Its not there now -dosnt work anyway. I will email the people when I get time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Remote Problem [ 3 Answers ]

Our 2 Hampton Ceiling Fans and their remotes have worked well for 4 years. Recently, the lights started coming on during the night. They would cut off using the wall switch and not come back on. If cut off with the remote, they sometimes came back on. The fan blades began moving slower and...

Remote car starter [ 2 Answers ]

Can I switch a remote car starter from one car to another? Mechanically I think it can be done but I'm not sure if the remote itself is programmed for a certain car. Thanks

Need a remote! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a hampton bay ceiling fan and need a replacement for its remote. There is no item number or anything that describes where it comes from, except for a tag that says hampton bay on it. Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem. Please help.

What not to include on a resume [ 0 Answers ]

Is it OK not to include on my resume a job that I had for 3 months which is not relevant to the position for which I'm applying? It was an entry level position that I took after my employer of 20 years went out of business. I took the job until I could find the job I really wanted because I...

View more questions Search