Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenny1001 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Exterior drainage - paths slope towards garage
    After a few rainfalls, I realised that water seeps into my aluminium clad garage from concrete paths on 3 sides and from a slight bank on one side.

I've put drain-coil into the bank and dug a trench to below ground level on that side but the trench still tends to fill up. This side gets run-off from neighbours also.

The paths are extensive so not financially feasible to change them to slope away from garage.

I've considered cutting enough concrete to put gutter drains around garage, but in mod-heavy rain the nearby stormwater drain overflows, creating even worse flooding problems (council have said nothing they can do about this).

Is there anything I can seal garage base with? Any other bright ideas?

Thanks
    Jenny
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 22, 2008, 06:40 AM
    I've considered cutting enough concrete to put gutter drains around garage, but in mod-heavy rain the nearby stormwater drain overflows, creating even worse flooding problems (council have said nothing they can do about this).
    Cutting in french drains to direct rainwater to the storm sewer would be the solution. However, since the storm water system can't handle the present run off your hands are tied until they upgrade the system. Sorry, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching career paths [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am writing because I am seriously considering changing career paths. I am currently working towards my master's degree in social work, but I know that is not what I really want to do with my life. I wanted to counsel;but my grades were not high enough to get into the school of psychology;...

Calculating slope and change in slope (Mathcad) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been using mathcad for a only a few weeks, so my knowledge of it is limited. I have a set of data points which I have created some polynomial and cubic splines on a graph. What I want to do is calculate the slopes and change in slope of the curves. Any help on a mathcad...

Equation for slope [ 5 Answers ]

Find slope of y + 4 = 9

From Pouring Garage Pad to Construction of Garage [ 4 Answers ]

How long to you have to wait after pouring the cement garage pad before you can begin construction on the garage?

The slope [ 2 Answers ]

What is the slope of the line parallel to -2x-y=6?

View more questions Search