Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kolmale Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Jan 10, 2006, 01:20 PM
    My dog's behaviour
    I noticed a strange behaviour in my dog, late this evening. He is 7 years of age and is a spitz dog. Today I suddenly found him restless about half an hour after he took his evening meal. He was shivvering in some kind of fear and was trying to hide himself at some corner. Or tried to enetr toilet or open balcony, in this cold, where temperature in around 12 degrees C. He is a lovabale dog of our family and all the members tried to pacify him. Though he responded, still I could see him trembling for no reason. He lives under a very secured atmosphere, and I simply failed to understand of his behaviour. I have no idea why he behaved like this, he never done so in the past. Its 2 in the morning here, I just ckecked him, he isn't sleeping and sitting idel on his mattress. Can anybody help me understand this problem please?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2006, 01:46 PM
    His personality should have matured at 3 years old and you shouldn't have seen larger changes since then except in response to external changes. In cases like this, usually the best thing is to start with a good vet exam, explaining the problem to the vet. Please post back and let us know what the vet finds. Be thinking of what could have changed in his life. Also, could he have eaten anything he shouldn't? More likely of a 7 month old Lab, but possible. There could be noises or smells in the neighborhood that you have missed his ears or nose didn't. If the vet doesn't find much, we can try to figure out what could cause the behavior. Continue to try to pacify him until he can get to the vet.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Restless
    Hi,
    I agree with the other answer of seeing a Vet. Explain what is happening, right after he ate.
    Best of luck, and I do sincerely hope everything is OK healthwise.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 08:34 AM
    The poor thing - Definitely get him to a vet!! I hope your dog gets better soon.
    Landrail Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Jan 14, 2006, 05:15 AM
    I think you are to show him to a vet. This behavior is typical for a dog who doesn't feel good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy behaviour help needed! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I need some advice if at all possible please. I have a 10 month old puppy - a chocolate lab/weimaraner cross - and we also have four ferrets. The ferrets are used to being out of their cages and having the run of the house for most of the day, but since we got the puppy, they have had to...

Weird behaviour [ 3 Answers ]

My siamese cat, nearly 10 years old, has a weird behaviour which I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of... right after I give him a special treat and he eats it, he goes to my bedroom and howls piteously for about 10 minutes, unless I tell him to be quiet or pay attention to him. This only...

Weird pustules around dog's mouth [ 9 Answers ]

So, my dog has had an allergy problem for awhile (We finally chose a new vet and she has a appt on Sat.), and I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. Annie has been developing these pustules on her face around her mouth. We ignored it at first because eventually they went away on...

Change In Dog's Sleep Schedule [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - My 5 month old Lab has always been great about sleeping through the night w/o waking us up to go out to the bathroom - it has maybe happened only 5 times since we brought him home. However, this week he has woken us up every night around 3 am to go outside to have a bowel movement. ...

Queens worrying behaviour [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can put my mind at rest?? after searching the net I still am no wiser, my cat Angel has a litter of 5 kittens, they are 3weeks and 3 days old, she is a good mother, never far away from them and if one should squeak she's straight back there to see what's up, washes them and...

View more questions Search