Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Furnace fan fails intermentantly
    Bryant force air furnace, Model 394GAW036100, This is an old furnace.

Circulation fan fails to start intermittently (most of the time) when on auto. Fan runs fine in manual mode. Burner comes on but appears to cycle rather shortly. I know that the limit controls the upper limit of the burner. Does it also control the starting of the fan at the lower limit. Another way of putting it. Does the limit switch also act as a HI-LO switch. Will a faulty limit switch cause the fan to fail to start.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 10:08 PM
    You have a defective fan control. On a Bryant many times it is a combo control. A faulty fan control will cause the blower to not operate correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox pulse furnace fails to remain started [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox G21 pulse furnace installed in 1993. The unit will start to pulse briefly - maybe 5 seconds or so, and then shut off. We've had two service calls recently. On one call they replaced a flapper, and on the other call did the pressure test, which passed. I've done a visual...

Furnace igniter fails to fire [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace igniter fails to fully light the furnace. If I turn off the frurnace, then the igniter will fully work properly. Does theigniter need to be replaced?

Lennox ac shuts down intermentantly [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox system that is four years old. Recently, after a pwr outage, both of my thermostats have had the pwr light go out and the system does not work, except for the blower continuously running. The weird part is if I leave it alone after a few hours the system starts working again, and...

View more questions Search