Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mulu Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 01:16 PM
    car speed over the limit
    dear all

today I got a ticket for car speed,according to the officer who gave me the ticket my speed was over 20 -25 over permitted limit. I tried to convince him that my speed was around 35-40 which was almost the speed of all car in this time in the road, even during the process peole was driving with that speed 35-40. I assume the officer was choosing me randomlly.
    now my question is what going to happen in court appearance and how much point will given for this violation in New Jersey traffic law. Since I do not have any such violation recored in driving history is any way to waive the point from my driving records

thnk you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 01:20 PM
    [QUOTE=mulu]dear all

today I got a ticket for car speed,according to the officer who gave me the ticket my speed was over 20 -25 over permitted limit. I tried to convince him that my speed was around 35-40 which was almost the speed of all car in this time in the road, even during the process peole was driving with that speed 35-40. I assume the officer was choosing me randomlly.
    now my question is what going to happen in court appearance and how much point will given for this violation in New Jersey traffic law. Since I do not have any such violation recored in driving history is any way to waive the point from my driving records

Probably without an Attorney you are not going to get the ticket thrown out - the argument will be why would the Officer pick you randomly and claim 20-25 over the limit - ?

As far as waiving the point or what will happen in Court, I am not familiar with NJ so I don't know. In NYS there's a lot of wiggle room - lots of municipalties prefer to reduce the charge to something else (say illegal parking) and then sock you with a large surcharge, which the Court keeps and does not send on to Albany (the State capital).
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 01:21 PM
    [QUOTE=mulu]dear all

PS - I should have added that in some places 20-25 over the limit is reckless endangerment and there is no room to wiggle out or strike a deal - don't know about NJ.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2008, 01:22 PM
    I agree with Judy, what will probably happen is to prevent having to bring the officer into court, they will offer you a plea for a lesser charge, which will not involve points, but may involve a greater fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

Going up on Limit? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a couple questions about my furnace and more specifically my Fan & Limit control. Riello 40 Oil Furnace Honeywell L4064 Fan & Limit Control Recently, at the time of the annual furnace inspection and cleaning, the technician who came to look at the furnace said that my furnace...

3 speed ceiling fan only has 1 speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3 speed Hunter ceiling that I rarely turn off and all 3 speeds had been working. I recently turned it off and when I turned it back on, only the high speed is working. I assumed the switch was bad and replaced it. I still only have the High speed. Has anyone had this problem before? ...

What's the Limit? [ 4 Answers ]

I currently have an nVidia GeForce 5500 PCI graphics card in my PC. I have no AGP slots. My PC is a Compaq Presario SR1120NX. The graphics card works fine, but I know it's outdated. I want to move up to something that delivers more punch, but am having trouble finding anything. I've looked at...

View more questions Search