Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kennith_morden Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Admiral washing machine
    My admiral washer model #LNC6741A71 will fill with water then won't agitate then it will pump water out and will not spin.
    Motor is running OK can someone tell me how to fix this?
    Kennith
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 09:34 AM
    - Moderator Note: Moved to Appliances board -
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Don't see Admiral in my areaBut sounds like a belt is worn or broke. If you don't have a belt for this unit it may be dircet drive. If it is check the coupler. Sorry I can't be of more help, but if you opwn unit up and describe if it is belt driven or direct drive, I can help further

Jan 23, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    Don't see Admiral in my areaBut sounds like a belt is worn or broke. If you don't have a belt for this unit it may be dircet drive. If it is check the coupler. Sorry I can't be of more help, but if you opwn unit up and describe if it is belt driven or direct drive, I can help futher

It has a belt and the motor and belt work fine.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Check the transmission. Is it locked up? Or will it turn freely by hand?

Jan 23, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    Check the transmission. Is it locked up? Or will it turn freely by hand?

It will turn a little bit by hand real hard when i turn it on it will move a little and stop.
    Do you think it has a gear i can replace or will i have to take the whole tranny out and replace it.
    How do i take the tranny apart.

Jan 23, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kennith_morden
    IT WILL TURN A LITTLE BIT BY HAND REAL HARD WHEN I TURN IT ON IT WILL MOVE A LITTLE AND STOP.
    DO YOU THINK IT HAS A GEAR I CAN REPLACE OR WILL I HAVE TO TAKE THE WHOLE TRANNY OUT AND REPLACE IT.
    HOW DO I TAKE THE TRANNY APART.
    Do you have a link i can go to to see how it comes apart
    Admiral model #lnc6741a71
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 11:35 PM
    I think I can find a diagram. Will check on this for you. Tranny should move in both directions fairly easily by hand. Trannys these days are almost all replaceable,not rebuildable
    cgregory67 Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Jan 23, 2008, 11:55 PM
    Between motor and transmission are 2 coupler plastic gears that mesh with 3 prongs each. These are designed to break if your transmission locks preventing the motor from burning up. Tilt your machine on its side and you will see them between motor and tranny and probably a few plastic pieces on the floor. They are not hard to change and cost very little.

Make sure your transmission is free though before you do this, they most likely cause is someone overloading the machine and over the years the gears become brittle and break.

Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What makes a washing machine stop drainingthe dirty waterMy washing mach [ 2 Answers ]

My washing machine stopped draining. I have no warranty on it and I'd like to know if it's something I can take care of myself without the cost of a technician coming to my house

Admiral Washing Machine Disassembly [ 1 Answers ]

On my Admiral Model AW20N2V (same as Maytag) I need to open up the transmission/brake assembly under the bottom but a sticker warns of a "200 lb spring load". How should I proceed to get the assembly open and what would be involved in reassembling the spring load? Thank you.

Admiral washing Machine Model AAV7000 spind but takes 2-3 spin cycles to drain [ 1 Answers ]

Whether rinse or final spin, the tub begins to spin albeit slowly. I have a clear hose so I can see the water moving but slowly. It will not completely drain 1st time through. If I take out the clothes then the water drains fast on the spin. Then I put the clothes in it and it will spin down. ...

Washing Machine Drain- How high can machine lift H2O [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Thinking about moving the washer down in the basement but the main sewer drain leaving the house is about 2' off the floor. There is currently a sewer lift installed for downstairs toilet that complicated cutting into the existing drain for new Y. Without getting to detailed, there is an...

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

View more questions Search