Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 08:50 AM
    What to engrave.
    My parents are buying me a necklace... a rectangular pendant with an engraving on the back. They were wondering what I wanted engraved.

I told them that they should decide, but they honestly have nothing. I personally don't have any mottos... except... EVERYBODY LIES, STEALS, AND CHEATS... and something tells me that... that won't work.

About myself... I'm a college student. Graduating soon. Hopefully going to med school. People say that I'm bitter... sarcastic... although I'm a relatively happy person. I don't usually get angry... pretty calm and collected. Anything?

Anyone has any good ideas? Oh, and brevity is wise.. as it's a small pendant.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 06:05 PM
    I am pretty much the same way with people thinking I am not happy, sarcastic but happy, calm and collected. I like oxymorons. If you like them you could think of two words like (just examples)
    Enthusiastically indifferent, well thought rational dementia, harmonious discord,
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Feb 6, 2008, 11:11 AM
    You could also go to a site with a bunch of quotes. Do a key word search and see what happens. You may just run into a phrase you adore!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 11:17 AM
    I know it's kind of trite--but Carpe Diem works.

My personal favorite saying is "Karma Works", basically meaning that what you put out will come back to you, be that good or bad--and that means that works for everyone. So... the bad things people do will eventually come back to haunt them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search