Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RobinVerhose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Maple Chase Thermostat #0960
    Good Morning...
    On this freezing day we note that our Maple Chase Thermostat sometimes fails to come on by itself!
    Do you think I should change the battery?
    There is NO indication of Lo Batt on the device, so we are hesitant.:confused:
    Thanks for any help.
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 21, 2008, 07:00 AM
    I hate Maple Chase thermostats. However, change the batteries to see if this helps. It may not be the thermostat. Check to see if the furnace clicks or attempts to start when the thermostat calls for heat.
    RobinVerhose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by therinnaiguy
    I hate Maple Chase thermostats. However, change the batteries to see if this helps. It may not be the thermostat. Check to see if the furnace clicks or attempts to start when the thermostat calls for heat.
    Thanks for the answer... furnace works great... what happens is (about the same time every morning!) the temp drops in the house, then my hubby notices 'hey, the furnace hasn't come on in a while'... so he manually shuts it off then on and it works for the rest of the day with no problem! It's very weird...
    We had a furnace man over 2 months ago for general maintenance... he said furnace was fine...

It's 12 degrees here, how is it in Vermont?
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 21, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Was -4 when I got up. Stay with a Honeywell basic thermostat, simpler is often better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maple/ chase thermostat [ 23 Answers ]

I let the batteries run low on my thermostat. I just replaced them but the display still reads "lo bat" and the heat does not kick on. I checked the fuse and it is still intact. Please help!!

Maple Chase Thermostat [ 16 Answers ]

We just purchased our home and have lived here all of 5 days. I woke up today freezing so I went to check the heat, It was set to go on if the thermostat read 68 or less. Well needless to say it did not go on. We are cold. The Maple Chase company is closed. The website does not even show our...

Maple Chase Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maple Chase Thermostat that was flashing low battery. I changed the battery but now it stuck and continually says low battery. I can change or move from that mode and it will not allow me to turn heat on. Any suggestions? Thankshttps://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Maple Chase thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

I am hoping someone can answer my question. I have a digital maple chase thermostat and have it set to auto cool at 74 degrees. I noticed when it does not get over 74 and the air does not kick on for a few hours (more like 5 hours) that it resets itself to 78. Does anyone know why it does this?

Maple Chase Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

Recently my heater turns on irreguarly - one day it will work, another day it may quit. The Heater is Bryant Model 580A packaged gas/electric unit. I have a Maple Chase thermostat in the house. It is about 16 years old. I have someone replaced a new ignition module about two months ago. What may be...

View more questions Search