Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugerbum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 08:40 PM
    Share files with friends?
    I have a very big file (1.2GB) and maybe more that I would like to send to a friend over our internet connection. There used to be a free program called wwwfileshare to do this easily... but not it isn't free. Im sure there must be other programs like this that willl help me without shelling out a lot of dough. What options do I have?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 09:54 PM
    1.2 GB eh?

Can you compress it to 1GB. Because if you can, http://www.yousendit.com/ allows you to send a file up to 1GB for free.

Another option (which I use more often) is send it through MSN Messenger. It will take all night, but the file will arrive and there is no limit that I am aware of.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2006, 04:18 AM
    I couldn't find one that allowed more than 1GB.

If you expect your file to grow - or transfer/share file(s) frequently, you might consider getting webspace.

Godaddy offers 5GB of space for $43 per year:
    https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosti...?se=%2B&ci=260

You don't have to "make a site", you can just use it to store files that can be downloaded by anyone you give the link to. It's exactly what I do. I've got 11 websites, and many of them have files stashed throughout them.

You'd simply upload the file to a folder that you name, like www.yourwebsite.com/bigfile and anyone you give that link to would be able to download it.

(I don't use GoDaddy for my hosting; they're cheaper than the host I use - but for only file storage, I think $43 a year seems pretty good)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2006, 04:44 AM
    To add to the above excellent answers, you may consider cutting the file into smaller parts, by use of Chainsaw (an excellent little app that works a treat).
    Then you could easily e-mail, yousendit, messenger or web site upload it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I move files and share printer when networking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dell desktop as my main computer and a dell laptop, (wireless) as second computer, I installed a Linksys broadband wireless router and I'm able to share the internet connection, but I don't understand how to share files or move them between the two, also need to share the printer and...

Share my files using a vpn [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I am trying to setup a private network between two remote computers. Each one of the computers connects to the Internet using a dial-up connection. I am running the windows XP VPN server in the first computer and I establish a VPN over dial-up connection between them. The VPN server...

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

Need help to share files and printer through Network [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I have networked two home computers together and am now having a problem with the sharing of the printer and files. On the first computer (main), I am running Windows XP with a wireless-B Broadband Router and on the secondary computer, I am running Windows 98SE with a wireless USB adapter....

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search