Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skarsan34 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Putting a lien on a financed automobile
    My mother had a account with Bank of America they closed it she has an automobile that she making payments on can they come and seize her automobile after 6 years and the debt is 4 years old will they come and take her automobile from her then?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Well first, is this account the loan on the car ?

I will assume not at this point

Before they can do anything, they have to take her to court, they will sue her for the money, at court, she can present her evicene if she has paid this account, or show where she tried to set up payment plans
    If they other side gets a judgement, then they can do various things, taking her car would be one of the last things, even if that would be allowed in your state. First they would try to garnish her paycheck, or attach her bank accounts ( if again that is allowed in your state)
    seasiderogue45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2012, 10:54 PM
    I worked on a car that was financed the owner left with the car still in my possion any to either get the money or get the car

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien from financed vehicle she wouldn't pay for [ 6 Answers ]

Can I put a lien against anything she owns in hope of collecting a debt?

Putting a Lien on a property [ 3 Answers ]

As a property manager, what is the process of putting a lien on a condominium that has an owner not paying his maintenance fees?

NJ putting a lien on a property ? Maybe ? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, a few years ago my mother passed away and she had no will and I am an only child. My mother and grandmother owned a condo jointly. I went to NJ probabte court and got papers saying I was ex. Of my mother's estate. Also with my mothers insurance money I had paid off a loan that was on the condo....

Automobile lien against property [ 1 Answers ]

A judgement was entered against me for outstanding debt with ford credit 8/1/05 in the amount of 3281 and a lien was later placed against my property. I am currently trying to pay off my balance owed to them through the collection office that filed the motion in court but was told I now owe $6400....

Putting a lien on someone's cars [ 2 Answers ]

I just went to court and won a judgement how do I put a lien on someone's cars

View more questions Search