Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ty Dale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Save money!
    Is it possibly to convert single phase to three phase to save money running motors. Or will the amp draw on the converter be more than than the single phase motor consumsion?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 27, 2008, 02:54 AM
    As general norm any electrical conversion has a maximum efficiency of 90%. The rest is converted to heat (total loss).
    Besides that : a 100 Watt motor is a 100 Watt motor, no matter how you power it.
    So whatever type of phasing you apply, the total power consumption of a motor will not decrease (although due to the higher voltage used in a three phase system the CURRENT will be lower). Going to three phase all you do is lose that additional 10 % input power to heat.
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I save money on Car Loan? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I owned a new 2007 Honda civic and have a car loan on that for an amount of 21K. This loan is for 5 years. I had been paying the installment about $340 per month without fail for the past 9 months. The current interest reate is 8.5% and I have a co-payer since I was not having credit score...

Do Programmable Thermostats save money when aux heat kicks on? [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed a programmable thermostat on my heat pump system. I set back the temp to 62 degrees at night and back up to 70 degrees at 6AM. I notice that at 6AM when the thermostat calls for heat, the aux heat kicks on to assist. Is this normal? Am I still saving money over...

I want to save money,but I do not now how [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: :o I want to know how to save money. I feel like I need to save some money no matter for what. But I don't know how to do that, I spend out all my salary every week! Any help?

Should we sell our home to save money [ 5 Answers ]

Hello- My husband and I have an oppurtunity to sell our home and pay off all of our debt and still have a little saving left over. We were going to move into my parents home and they are moving into there 2nd home. We are going to just take over paying the utilites while we are there. Its an...

Can't Save MOnEy$ I'm I ginx [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband work he makes about $11 hr weekly and I make $7 hr bi weekly and I every time he gets a pay check we don't have money left for the week. Yes we have rent & bills but it seems like money goes by fast... I have a savings acct. and I only have $5 in it. Why can I have more than...

View more questions Search