Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drdoherty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Furnace cycling
    My newer energy efficient furnace cycles every 10 minutes about, I have a new one story home that is very well insulated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Since you have a new home it is still under warrant. Call back the installer/service company that put the furnace in new. Depending upon your thermostat and other adjustments your unit could be cycling to often. Since this is a on site adjustment and we cannot be there to do it you need to call them.
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 21, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Before you jump to conclusions, most furnaces are designed to run 6 times per hour. If you have a new thermostat, was it set to do this? Even with today's high efficient systems, you can not assume that the number of run times will decrease. It takes what it takes to keep you warm. You are probably using fuel more efficiently as well as electricity, so if the unit is not overheating your home or worse, not heating your home enough; don't sweat it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace cycling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane gas furnace w/no standing pilot it's electronic. Anyway when the t-stat calls for heat it will fire up and the shut of within 5 secs. It will do this approx. 4 times before it will eventually lock itself out and the blower will continue to run not ever reaching setpoint. I know...

Furnace fan cycling switch [ 1 Answers ]

What are the settings about on my gas furnace fan cycling switch.

Furnace off and on cycling [ 1 Answers ]

We had an air bubble in the vacuum system, removed the clamp, blew in the tube, problem solved-thanks for everyone who looked!

Furnace cycling every 2-3min... puzzling! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10-12year old 80000 BTU Rheem gas Furnace, and it is cycling every 2-3 min. The fan comes on, the igniter heats up and the gas goes on and burns, and then 2-3 min later it shuts off and 1-2 min after it start the same cycle over again. Now I have checked and cleaned the flame sensor...

Furnace cycling while heating [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Tempstar hvac (heatpump) with a gaspack. It is about 9 years old. I turned the heat on for 1st time this year to discover the problem. I took the cover off to see this happening: I turn the thermostat up and the pilot is one. After a minute of so, the gas turns on and the furnace lights....

View more questions Search