Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmbail Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Basement ceiling exposed duct, pipes and wires
    My basement ceiling to floor measue 72" from floor to drywalled ceiling. My problem the prior owners attached ductwork and wires over the drywall. A suspended ceiling will not work takes up too much height. Walls and floor concrete.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

If I could see some pictures of remodeling with exposed duct that would be helpful also.

For better lightning would painting ceiling and walls same color help. I could separate colors by placing molding where ceiling and wall meet.

Thanks,

Lynn
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Hey Lynn, let me make sure I got the picture, you already have a drywall ceiling but it is only a 6 foot height, right? The ducts could be boxed in with more drywall. Ceiling will look best using ceiling white paint. Walls can be anything including white but the darker you go with the walls the darker the room will feel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan wires [ 5 Answers ]

I was installing a used harbor breeze ceiling fan and the small red wire from the capacitor came off and I don't know where it goes. The lights work but now the fan doesn't work. If anybody knows where it goes I would appreciate some help.

Metal Basement Duct work change out for PVC [ 5 Answers ]

I have a rectuangular suppluy and return system that feed from from furnace at one end of my basement. It has two main leads out. They branch off and finally reduct to a single duct at the far end of my house. I'm looking to put in a drop celling and would love to swap out my existing duct work...

Ceiling fan wires [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I installed a fan a few yrs ago. It wabbled so we tried to fix that and ended up messing up the light. Today we decided to fix the light. After taking the light kit off it was noticed that only white was coming from the fan to the light kit and black/blue was gone (somewhere in the...

Exposed refridgerant pipes [ 14 Answers ]

Today I went to check what was makign an obnoxiously loud rattling noise coming from my central air unit's outside compressor. Upon silencing the loose, noisy gate that protects the fins by sticking a piece of wood in it, I noticed that the pipe that runs from the unit to the wall of my apartment...

Shifting Duct in Basement [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to the world of home ownership and have a question about shifting the main duct line in our basement. Currently the duct line runs down the center of the basement ceiling and we'd like to move it over 24" to achieve more head room. Unfortunately (for me) this requires a new piece of 59"...

View more questions Search