Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ejoanth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Can an adult get a 504 plan?
    Can an adult get a 504 plan? A teacher friend of mind has high blood pressure which has proven to be drug resistant. Can she get a 504 plan requiring that she not be given a certain non-teaching duty that she presently has. This is a stressful duty that her doctor does not want her to continue doing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 20, 2008, 01:21 PM
    A 504 plan is basically a plan for mainstreaming students who were previously in special education. So I don't see how that applies here at all.

If her doctor can certify that she is unable to perform the duties of her current job, she can apply for a different position or maybe get disability.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 12, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Comments on this post
    gophers1 disagrees: If the school receives federal funding of any kind, section 504 applies.

Can you expand on this further? According to my research Section 504 is a part of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act, used to make sure that a disabled person can participate in federally funded programs. Its primarily geared towards making sure that disabled students can get schooled. So I really don't see how this can be applied towards preventing someone from being given certain duties.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 12, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Comments on this post
    gophers1 disagrees: If the school recieves federal funding of any kind, section 504 applies.

Can you expand on this further? According to my research Section 504 is a part of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act, used to make sure that a disabled person can participate in federally funded programs. Its primarily geared towards making sure that disabled students can get schooled. So I really don't see how this can be applied towards preventing someone from being given certain duties.

Right, this has been posted before - I don't recall that the protection extends to employees. I thought it pretty much made all students equal.

I'd be curious to see the quote.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Award plan [ 3 Answers ]

Good Morning All, I need your help, I work for a group home in AZ as a Asst. Mgr. I have a 9yr old boy who has this compulsion to steal, I have been told to come up with a award plan to implement at the house, for this young man to help him not steal, the problem Im having is this kid...

Plan B and pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected intercourse on Sept 28th, took Plan B on Sept 30th and began to bleed a bit (not my usual period) on October 2nd. I then had unprotected intercourse on October 12th and have recently been told that I conceived on October 8th and am pregnant. My question is, "Is there any...

The business plan [ 1 Answers ]

This girl and I want to either franchise a store like lulu lemon since we live in Regina and we don't have one we think it would be a great success the only thing is we don't know where to start. Maybe that might be to big of an idea but we would like to open some kind of store that would be a...

Plan B? [ 1 Answers ]

So I had unprotected sex and I ended up taking Plan B that day after. But now three days later my b/f had sex and the condom broke... so does that mean I am pregnant for sure? Should I take another Plan B? Or is the pill still in my system?

View more questions Search