Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Lost - " i did so much for her when we were together " -that's part of the problem. She has taken you for granted. No respedct.

What I would do to get your power back is call her and literally ***** her out - put her in her place. Tell her about her games and how silly it was that she couldn't even say good bye AND what her friend told you. Let her know you won't stand for this and how imature and childish it is. Seriously - it would be good for you, especially now that you do not want to get back with her. You save a lot of face and she would see a new you. You were way too nice to this gal and she continues to walk all over you. You'd gain respect and she deserves it.
    lost?? Posts: 234, Reputation: 7

Feb 7, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Hahaha yea I should... seriously I thought about doing that so many times. But she's not worth it. I don't want any connection with her anymore. I would have liked to stay friends and everything and she said she wanted that too (at least that's what's she said). But I mean who needs a friend like that? She's not the same person I loved and I seriously mean it when I say I DO NOT want anything to do with her. If after two years she can't even say bye to me then it really isn't worth it. She's NOT WORTH IT. I know she thinks she's all cool now cause college is new and everything but I gave up most of my college years for her... I got to make up for that with what I have left. I really do have a lot to offer and I know someday shell come around and realize what she's lost but you know what... its already too late. I tried to keep her in my life when she didn't want to be well I'm not doing that anymore. I'm just glad I finally realized that she not the same person I was with for two years. I feel so much better knowing that. I do have to follow my heart like jesus helper just said, and I know its not with her anymore. I'm not going to lie I do miss her and what we had but I know eventually ill have that again (its actually already in the works haha) and if this new girl does work out I know I can look back on this experience and see where I've gone wrong and not make the same mistakes again. She can play her games and have all the power she wants cause I'm done. I feel so much better now. Thanks everyone!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 7, 2006, 05:56 PM
    Hold it homeboy. After all that's been invested in you, you aren't going to get away that easy.Instead of being mad at this female be mad at yourself! You played as much of a part in your break-up as she did,no doubt! She changed ,so did you! YOU learned something about her (ANDYOURSELF) Your still growing and I hope that if you didn't learn anything, you learned something about YOU, you need to work on. It is not what life throws at us that counts but how we handled it.I do admire one thing though,at least you didn't stoop to retaliation on your ex.Never know, as you grow you may see her again later in life ,you just may end up friends!:cool:

Feb 7, 2006, 07:10 PM
    I know that I still have to work on myself and trust me I'm not going to rush into another relationship. If things start to work out with this new girl I'm going to take it slow, I don't want to get hurt again as much as I don't want to hurt someone else. And ill admit it, I do still have feelings for my ex, I probably always will if not for the rest of my life. But I've finally realized that she's not the type of person I want to be with. She was, but I don't like what she's become. And your right I have changed through this and learned more about myself. I though I would never get over it but now I know I'm a lot stronger than I gave myself credit for. But you're right, we may become friends in the future and I think that's another reason why I didn't call and curse her out. I try to never burn any bridges because you never know when you're going to need them. I guess that's how I approached this situation too. But trust me I have learned a lot from this and I think I've gained a lot out of it. I'm just so glad that I'm not in that place I was for 2 months and I know many of you played a great part in helping me move on. I truly am grateful for everything and if I never found this message board and reached out id prob still be in that place. Thanks everyone :D
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2006, 08:34 PM
    I feel for you. It sux loving someone who in return does not share the same feelings. I'm sorry to say that I agree with the others that have told you this relationship is over. You are not on "a break", you are on "an easy let down". This is a well thought out plan designed to slowly break all ties, as she feels this will not hurt you as bad as a total split. She gets angry with you for bringing up the relationship because you are simply delaying her plans - see, to her, there is no future relationship and she's simply waiting for you to be OK with the fact that you two are not together anymore so she is guilt free. However, you keep dwelling on the possibilities of getting back together when she knows it's never going to happen, so she gets frustrated and mad at you. Eventually your weakness and squabbling will become a huge turn off and she won't care how you feel - she will leave for good and never care to contact you again.
    Her feelings may change if she sees a strong confident man who is comfortable and capable of standing on his own two feet. This will definitely attract other women and just might bring her back to you. No woman wants a wimpy boy. No pun intended.
    -Kae
    This reply is my opinion based only on how I would feel and react to the same situation.

Feb 9, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Haha she left an instant message today from her asking me if I would do her tax return for her hahahaha. What do you guys think should I do it?
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 01:38 PM
    Your response: "Not in this lifetime" - nothing more.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Also - you must have really been a 'nice guy' for her try and walk all over you on the tax thing. She doesn't have theguts to call you?

I think you've learned some valuable lessons the last couple months.
    blueiman Posts: 158, Reputation: 5

Feb 10, 2006, 10:41 AM
    Dude. You have to get out now. Cut the cord. Let her loose. Say see you. Get out there now. Someone is looking to and if you spend one more minute on this girl. You are losing another possibility with another. Let another guy put up with her. She is not worth it. And try not to think about it.
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2006, 10:45 AM
    Uhhhhh Blue - re-read the post - he's been broke for a while.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 11, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Dear Lost - Sorry this did not work out for you and that you had to go through a lot of pain. But I hope this has made you less vulnerable in the future. Please, however, don't put us all in one category. There is the right girl out there for you, even when not looking. As I said before, take a break, go out and enjoy life, meet new people, get new hobbies and interests and forget about the pain. You've already experience the anger so now it will be easier. Unfortunately we all have gone through this and not only once in our lives, so hang in there and don't give up. We learn from each experience that comes our way and hope that the next will be better.

Wishing you lots of luck and hope that the next encounter will be better.

Chery

AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2006, 02:50 PM
    I'm tickled to read up on the posts and hear you doing sooo well. Sounds like your confidence has sky rocketed!! That's great! And yeah, it probably would have been nice to stay friends, but seems she would only be in the friendship to benefit her needs. Seems like you picked up on that also! Good job! And I hope you didn't do her tax return. Greedy wanted all the $ for herself - that's why she asked you. She didn't want to pay someone to do them.
    Keep that head up - You're The Man!
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 08:45 AM
    Yes - lost - these gals just gave you more great advice. As you will learn, every woman is different - this gal just happened to not be the one. You've deffintely seen the side of her now that she was probably hidning from you - this happened to me more than once - the gal who is all nice, then you learn about her bad side - either she's flirting with every guy behind your back, or bad mouthing you, or seeing other guys... not every woman is this way.

Some women like valentines, some don't like mushy valentines day stuff.
    mikey4951 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Comment on letmeno's post
    Very wise answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break/space and doesn't know why. [ 174 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 yrs. Everything was great for over a yr. its been about 1.5 months now she's hasent been acting herself. We had some fights and stuff, but we never fought before so its only normal. Anyway, 2 weeks ago she came out of now where saying she wants to break up...

Girlfriend wants to break up... [ 13 Answers ]

Ok me and my girlfriend have been going out for 7 months and then just out of the blue she starts cryng while I'm talking on the phone with her and says she wants a break, and it hit me hard real hard, I had no idea what to do and I was all confused and hurt and feeling like crap. And then the next...

My girlfriend wants a break... [ 12 Answers ]

Ive been with my girlfriend for over two years now. Im a junior in college and she just started this year. She lives at school but its only like a 45 min drive from where I live. We have a great relationship. We both love each other very much and would do anything for each other. But over the past...

Girlfriend needs break / confused [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time in these forums... I was hoping some of you could shed some light on my situation.. I have been having some trouble with.. I won't get into all the details but I will give you a brief run down. My girlfriend and I were dating steady for close to 5 months... we...

Girlfriend wants a "break" [ 13 Answers ]

Background of my girlfriend, her family, and our relationship: We started talking in August, and finally became a couple in September. She told me that she would be very busy, with work and school. Her and her dad own a pet store so she works almost everyday after school, and on the weekends....

View more questions Search