Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DARRYLM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Calculate output RPM of an electric motor.
    If the drive sprocket has a diameter of 4.2 inches, the driven sprocket connected to the gear box has a diameter of 8.7 inches, and the gear box itself has a gear ratio of 50:1. What is the output RPM if the motor is running at 1000 RPM?
    jas83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 05:37 AM
    if u have the diameter of the sprocket of both the driven and the drive, rpm of motor and the ratio of the gearbox, then

rpm of the driven sprocket= diameter of the drive sproket x rpm of the main motor divided by the diameter of tne driven sproket.

output of the gearbox: 50 divided for rpm of the driven sproket.
    dharitri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 06:34 PM
    How to decide motor rpm?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slowing down an electric motor [ 13 Answers ]

I have an electric motor that rotates at 1750 rpm and I would like to slow it to maybe 100n rpm. Is that possible with out gearing?I am looking for an affordable solution. Thank you. Paul

Electric motor wiring [ 4 Answers ]

I have a hayward motor c48k2n143b1 and I cut the wires from the breaker switch to put a intamatic timer in the system. Somehow I rewired it wrong it keeps burning out the clock timer. It will run manually. But something is wrong. It has a green (ground?)and two red. So I have two red wires that...

Electric motor [ 2 Answers ]

How does electric motor works?

What is the equivlant of a gas furnace output compared to electric [ 1 Answers ]

We currently have 115 BTU gas furnace with an useable output of 85 BTU. What electric equivlant?

Wiring a GE electric motor [ 5 Answers ]

HI, I have a GE motor on my table saw that was wired for 220vac. I want to change it back to 110vac. Problem is that the wiring plate is missing. Motor number is 5KC49TG1458X IT'S A 2HP motor Currently it has the following wires connected motor has 4 threaded studs marked 1-2-3-4- Power...

View more questions Search