Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klc Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 04:29 PM
    Problem installing Office 2003 SP2
    When I check the system properties on my computer (Dell Dimension 4600 w/Windows XP) it says Home Edition 2002, Service Pack 2 but when I try to download upgrades from Microsoft, I get a message that says "Office 2003 Security Pack 2 not installed". I've tried to download it several times but get the same message. What to do?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 9, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Silly question but are you running Micro$oft OFFICE 2003?

If you're not there is no way you will be able to install this patch.

If you do have OFFICE 2003, have you installed service pack 1 first as this may be causing your problem.

Whether or not you can install OFFICE SP's won't stop you using the normal Micro$oft WINDOWS update site.

Jan 9, 2006, 04:52 PM
    Yes, I do have Microsoft Office 2003. Not sure about service pack 1 - I think I did but am not sure. How can I find out?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 9, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Go here and click on the "Check for updates" link near the top.
    Office Updates

Jan 9, 2006, 05:34 PM
    Thank you! The first attempt to update/install failed and the suggestion was to try a fullfile (I think that's what it was called) version so I did that and it was successful. Really appreciate your help. I found this problem when I was trying to figure out why I can't fax any more. I could do it just fine but, when I tried to change ISP last November, the guy that came to install the new service did something that disabled my printer. I got that fixed but have not been able to fax. Any suggestions? Or am I asking too much in the wrong place?
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 9, 2006, 05:37 PM
    You may have the wrong drivers. Use the disc that should have came with it.

Jan 9, 2006, 05:44 PM
    I just tried to reinstall the drivers from the disc, but when I put it in, I just get a blank screen - UGH!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install Ms Office 2003 [ 8 Answers ]

I'm trying to install Ms Office 2003 on Windows XP platform. It can't work. It says "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log files exists and is writable." How do I solve this problem.

Microsoft Office 2003 Professional [ 1 Answers ]

I have just installed a new master hard drive in my computer, and am attempting to install my copy of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional. Unfortunately, I've lost the serial number - no, really. I still have Office installed on the slave (used to be master) drive, and I'm wondering if there's...

Problem Installing Office 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently re-installed Win 98 (ancient - I know!) and I have no Office software installed. I then went to install office 2000 and the autorun brings up the Windows Installer screen with the message "Preparing to install". It then disappears and nothing else happens. Can anybody help me with...

Office 2003 password not saving! [ 1 Answers ]

Please, please, please help! Everything was fine until about a week ago, when my system was attacked by a virus, which shut it down although it failed to get it. Anyhow, I've cleaned and checked everything, and my AV & firewall have kept everything out, luckily. Except... ... my office 2003...

Office 2003 Needs To Close [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, every time I open a word document or anything from office 2003 a window opens saying that it has encountered a problem and needs to close. I already tried to repair it and re-install it but still the same. Any ideas for a fix? Windows xp. 1300mhz. 1024mb Thank you

View more questions Search