Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iridial Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Forgotten World War 1 film title
    I watched this world war 1 film a good few (perhaps 6) years ago but I forgot the title and really want to watch it again... help.

It was in colur, and pretty gruesome with guts etc. going everywhere. It was from the English point of view and, from what I can remember, was filmed pretty much just in the trenches, the most vivid memory I have from the film is the main character being a message runner, and running messages down the trenches when suddenly a shell lands closeby. The main character runs to where the shell hit to find his best friend dead.. it was a long time ago so that's all I can really remember, hope you guys can help :)
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 20, 2008, 03:32 PM
    This is a question I would challenge you to ask Grab the Brass Ring. He is a member on here and you can send him a private message. He is a movie buff and knows his history well enough. This sounds like a movie he would have watched.

I love American History but will not watch a movie like this in which it becomes to close to reality, as our soldiers are killed. But I'm serious send me a message and I'd be shocked if he does not know the name of the movie.

Good luck
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2008, 08:41 PM
    This is probably a wrong guess on my part, but you might be thinking of the 1981 movie Gallipoli, which is about the Anzacs in WWI and which stars a young Mel Gibson. The end to that one is similar to what you describe below, although the death of the best friend occurs through gunfire as he goes over the top.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forgotten cartoon title [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I'm searching for a cartoon title, which I used to watch when I was young. I don't remember much about it, but here are some things I do remember: - There were two main heroes, male and a female, along with some old wizard who helped them all the time. - They were probably...

Forgotten the Title of this Book [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find the title of a most thought provoking book about a man who loses everything, becomes almost a tramp, then gradually rebuilds his life on the banks of an estuary in the West Country of England , finds a wife, and meets again the man who defrauded him. Can anyone help please ? I...

80's/90's film, kids go into another world under the floor! [ 1 Answers ]

I want to track down an awsome film I uesd to watch time and time again. Its got a crazy looking main character with big spikey hair, who takes these kids through a door in there bedroom floor in another weird world with loads of other charaters like him (crazy hair and futuristic clothes) the kids...

Movie title forgotten [ 2 Answers ]

My sister and I watched this movie when we were young and we remember the title to be love me tender. All we can find is the elvis movie. It's about a teenage girl that has a terminal disease and writes letters to elvis. We watched this in the early 80s.

Forgotten title of book/film [ 4 Answers ]

There is a book and film about a true story of a man who was institutionalized because of a physical disability who met up with another patient who was believed only to make noises, but the man could quite clearly understand what he was saying and interpreted all that he said for people. I think...

View more questions Search