Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casselberryman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 02:41 PM
    How long does it take?
    I have been in the divorce process now for over 2 1/2 years. I feel let down by my attorney as he has allowed both my ex-wife and her attorney to complete pregnancies during this process. Even though I agreed to a settlement last July we are still no further ahead. Do I have a legitimate gripe against my attorney for not acting in my best interest? All I really want is for this to be finalised.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2006, 07:27 PM
    Attorney
    If one party is not willing to settle, it can go on almost for ever. One party if they wish to keep dragging it out and out, will and can

Complete pregnancies during this process,

Not sure at all what you are talking about in regard to this, divorce has no control over pregnacies.

You can of course always have another attorney review the process up to this point and get their opinoin.

And of course you can merely agree to anything and everything the ex wants and it will end real easy. (not saying to do it)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2006, 08:18 PM
    Keep calling your attorney until you light a fire under him. It sounds as if he needs the squeaky wheel approach. Tell him that you want this thing done with, over, once and for all. If your ex's attorney is incapacitated due to pregnancy she must have a colleague who can take over the case. Just keep in mind, however, that the faster you move the more concesisons you'll be likely to have to make. The one who has time on his side is usually the more successful negotiator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've been searching for so long [ 3 Answers ]

There's this movie I saw about 11 years ago or even more.didnt see it to the end because of power outage, but all I remember was that due to a gas leakage,the people in the affected area slept for hours.it was later discovered that the women who were affected, got pregnant& gave birth to similarly...

How long until I get evicted [ 2 Answers ]

For the last 3 years I have lived and paid for the house I'm living in, the house is in my dad's name (he has never paid a dime for anything on the house), this last week we have had a falling out, he demands that I get the house out of his name or move within 30 days. My problem with putting the...

Has it been too long? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 19 years old and I dropped out of school in the 9th grade. I was currently 17 then because I was behind. How can I get all of it back by going back to school? Do you think it's too late?

View more questions Search