Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    All4Noah Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Collecting Child Support and Not Caring for Child
    My sister in law is trying to place her 3 year old sun for adoption without the father's consent, which I know is wrong but what I'm more consered about is the fact that the child is living with a different family not the mother who has custody. The mother (my sister-in-law) is still collecting and currently supporting herself completely off the child support checks that she is getting. They all live in Nebraska. Please someone tell me that she will get in HUGE trouble... that sounds terrible to say, however, she needs a wake-up call and I think that this could be it. Please someone help me out on this!

Thanks,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2008, 07:02 PM
    The father should consider filing for custody, when does the father visit the child, how often does the father have the child in his home?
    All4Noah Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2008, 07:06 PM
    The father doesn't see the child and doesn't want the child... That sounds bad, but it's the truth... But he doesn't want the mother living off his money and his child getting nothing.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 07:09 PM
    She can be reported to child support and the child protective agency since they live at different addresses and the child isn't benefiting living in the same household as the child support goes to. If the child lived at the same address and she spent it all on herself there isn't anything that can be done.
    That is about as bad as collecting somebody else's disability check.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2008, 04:12 PM
    They are not likely to get an adoption approved without the father when he's paying child support. Children's Services will know about the child support so they can't claim the father has disappeared. She can get in trouble if it can be proved that she was using money provided for the support of the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Collecting Child Support / Payee is in Jail [ 3 Answers ]

My son and I currently reside in Illinois. My son's father resides in Ohio; however, he is currently in jail. Can I collect child support from his Social Security, while he is incarcerated? Thanks, RML :)

Collecting Child Support after 10 yrs [ 4 Answers ]

My room mate told me that there is a federal law that states if you have not paid child support in 10yrs, that they can not make you pay a dime even if there is a court order. Is this true? Will I still be able to collect the court ordered amount if he has Never paid a dime?

View more questions Search