Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trey1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Felon looking for CDL & truck driving opportunities
    Does anyone know of a truck driving company that will agree to hire a convicted felon once I get my CDL? Job Link has agreed to pay for my CDL training, but first I must get written agreement from a truck driving school that will agree to hire me once I have the CDLs. My felon is less than 5 years. Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 04:05 PM
    You will have to call some of the bigger companies like Schneider, Werner, JB Hunt, etc and see just who will hire you. You'll have to get a OTR job most likely though.

You can call up your local trucking school and see who they would recommend. You will have to sign some kind of contract with the trucking company saying that you will work for them so many months (usually 12) and they will re-pay your school tuition.

You actually did it backwards. You should have called up your local trucking school and talked with them first. They would know all the ins and outs of just how to do everything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Truck driving [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to get into truck driving but I have a Felony on my record. Can someone tell me if there is a school that will Take me in or a company that will take a chance on Me HELP!! :( :( :(

Truck stolen, Felon not charged on technicality [ 4 Answers ]

My husband purchased a truck three weeks ago. His truck was stolen from his place of employment, a large home improvement chain on a bright sunny day. The person responsible for doing so was caught 4 days later in the truck while committing a crime. When we purchased the truck, we did so from a...

View more questions Search