Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naag Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 08:50 AM
    'Folder Options' don't work. Assist me guys
    Hi folks,

My comp gives the following problems.

1. When I double click on C drive in windows explorer, the same opens in new window, though the option is turned OFF in 'Folder Options' :mad:

2. When I right click on C drive in windows explorer, it has some option which contains junk Arabic chars (I use an English version OS) :eek:

3. I am unable to change most options (including 'Show hidden files' option) in 'Folder Options' "View" tab :(

4. When I double click on external hard drive in My Computer, 'Open With.. ' dialog turns up, or it says 'Autorun' not found. :confused:

I know there is some kind of virus attack, using Norton Anti Virus 2007, which does not help me here

Please advice. Solutions plssssss...

-Naag
    Zaithe Posts: 99, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2008, 02:35 AM
    You have a file "Autorun.inf" in your every drive.Open search in every drive and check the option to "search hidden file and Folder" in More advanced option and search for "autorun.inf".You ll find a file with this name hidden at root level of drive.just delete this file.and then check the drive name whatever you like.and then right click on drive and you ll find that you get rid of that chinese things from that.
    sankha Posts: 46, Reputation: 0

Feb 28, 2008, 04:44 AM
    Zaithe is right. But There is a small problem. If u remove the file by searching it, the file will be again genarated. So 1st Download AVG 7.5 Trial, install it, update from net directly,scan the total computer, if virus found remove it, if not found try for another antivirus software. But do not download low quality softwares. You may try Macafee, Avast, AVG, Norton etc companies.

After removing the virus, open notepad and save it as autorun.inf (use save as type, All files)in your desktop. It is not necessery to write any thing. Just save it. Copy the file and paste it into all the partition. A message will come saying replace the existing file. Select yes. Restart your mechine. Open each partition and delete the autorun files which you have pasted.

The virus will be removed.

But the actual word is you can't get back the folder option. Best idea is formatting. But try my first answer. Then format.
    Zaithe Posts: 99, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2008, 09:46 PM
    The file create itself when virus exe is still running on system.If have latest antivirus then scan the system.if still problem exist. Clean the system manually as directed by me in
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/spywar...e-71164-2.html
    NandaKishore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 02:51 AM
    Hi ,
    Ater removing virus from infetected PC . In the folder options when I select 'Show hidden file & folders' then clicked on apply & Ok, It again autometically goes to 'Don not show hidden files & folders'.

Can anybody Help me.
    Nandu
    znet2705zc Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 11:33 AM
    You can download the following program and run it to repair you'r registry .(about 3 KB)
    http://www.Imenantivirus.com/RegRepair.zip

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't use task manager,registry editor and can't see folder options [ 8 Answers ]

Help me out, I can't open my task manager and registry editor it gives me an error saying it is disabled by your administrator and also I can't see my folder options. Help me how can I fix these problems, I have tried to use different types of antiviruses but it doesn't work

Why don't Guys Like Me. [ 7 Answers ]

Why Don't Guys Like Me, I Am Nice,Pretty,outgoing,And So Much More My Only Problem Is That Iam A Little Over Weight And No Guys Like Me And This Hard For Me To Say I HAve Never had A Bf Or never even Kissed a Boy. And It Hurts To See All These Skinny Gorgeous Girls That Get Any Guy They want. ...

I don't get guys at all. [ 47 Answers ]

So I've known this guy for about six weeks. I thought he was cute but thought he was out of my league, so I didn't really think anything of it. Then one of my really good guy friends told me that he thinks this guy likes me, when I asked him why he thinks that he said it was because he seems to...

Why Some Guys don't like Kissing? [ 14 Answers ]

hello! When we were starting in our relationship, like in the first 8 months or so, we've been kissing and smooching a lot. . But now that we're two years steady already. I always have to ask for it. He doesn't like kissing me. I love kissing a lot (Not to lead to sexual intercourse) but JUST...

View more questions Search