Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missdeb1013 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 07:16 AM
    determine the thickness of aluminum foil.
    Question: Determine the thickness ( in cm) of a rectangular piece of aluminum foil that is 17.0 inches long and 3.0 inches wide, with a mass of 2.21 grams. The density of aluminum is 2.70 ( g/ cm^3

I need to see the complete problem broken down to understand how to do this problem! I am stuck help! Thanks... Deb.
    PolluxCastor Posts: 117, Reputation: 5

Jan 19, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Determine the area of the foil, then from the mass determine the volume. Then you can determine the thickness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog just ate aluminum foil [ 3 Answers ]

She just did. It wasn't a big piece I don't think. She was outside and I think she was just licking it and when I came out she swallowed like a 2x2 inch piece. What should do?

What is the thickness of a piece of aluminum foil in atoms? URGENT! [ 4 Answers ]

I need HELP with this problem IMMEDIATELY so PLEASE help me..! We r supposed 2 try 2 figure out the thickness of a piece of foil in ATOMS (I know, ridiculous? When is this going 2 help me in life?! ) we were given a paragraph on background info, and our teacher said not all of it was able to be...

Tin foil hat crowd gets a Messiah [ 1 Answers ]

Ex-MI5 agent Shayler claims to be chav messiah By Lewis Page Published Friday 10th August 2007 12:11 GMT Well-known former MI5 officer and 9/11 conspiracy theorist David Shayler has taken a further step along the path to fruitcakeville, suggesting to a TV news interviewer that he is the Messiah....

Mastic vs. Foil Tape for Galvanized Ductwork [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have a recommendation for sealing galvanized ductwork? I've read that mastic is the best, but looks like it might be a bit of a mess. Tape seems easier, but I've read that most don't perform very well. Any thoughts? What about a specific brand of tape that is approved by most building...

View more questions Search