Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jen phoenix Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 12:45 AM
    Sorting strings alphabetically
    I'm making a source code for the program that sorts strings alphabetically in any sorting techniques(either quicksort,mergesort,heapsort or radix sort).. I will really appreciate if you can help me.. even just the program in sorting the strings in either the mention sorting techniques above.. please.. if possible,asap... tnx.its an assignment.. tnx.. waiting for your replies... :(
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Jan 19, 2008, 07:28 AM
    We won't do your assignments for you. If you have any questions on how to implement a sort function we can answer that
    jen phoenix Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 09:57 AM
    I did not force anyone to do it.. I only just need the function in sorting strings alphabetically by quick,or heap or merge or radix sort.. and by the way,there are persons that posts answers that has the source code already.. if you will give me the function on how to sort the strings alphabetically,it's OK.I can do the rest.thanks.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jen phoenix
    i'm making a source code for the program that sorts strings alphabetically in any sorting techniques(either quicksort,mergesort,heapsort or radix sort)..i will really appreciate if you can help me..even just the program in sorting the strings in either the mention sorting techniques above..please..if possible,asap...tnx.its an assignment..tnx..waiting for your replies...:(
    That's a pretty simple program, I'd put the strings in a vector, lexicographically sort the individual characters, and move the strings around in the vector as necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alphabetically what order should these names be listed? [ 2 Answers ]

Wamanco WMD W.T.A. W-1

Linear sorting algorithms [ 2 Answers ]

What are the different kinds of linear sorting and it will be appreciated if there is an algorithm for each.if no algorithm,well,it is still OK.please.thanks.

No Strings Relationship [ 4 Answers ]

I am sleeping with a guy, we are having I guess what you can call no strings sex. I really like him which I guess is my reason for sleeping with him, deep down I am hoping he will fall for me. Am I wasting my time and does he have any respect for me.

I want a program that will sort a word list alphabetically [ 2 Answers ]

I have a site that you type in letters and it finds possible words for those letters... So then I copy it and paste it in notepad so I can work with it... But the problem Is that words are aligned with left edge of file and are not in alphabetic order... What I need is to run results...

Sorting data [ 2 Answers ]

hi there, another excel question. So I have 2 columns of interst in my spreadsheet. One column is a modulus of a running time score (all values range from 0-2000). The other column is a series of 0's, and some other numbers not of interst. I am interested in all of my modulus values that have 0...

View more questions Search