Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kraleigh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Harbor breeze dual fan - how do we get the light off?
    We have a harbor breeze fan/light with a light kit in the middle and 2 fans on either side. It isn't online anymore and we can't get the light kit apart to change the bulb. Any idea how to get the light kit apart?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 10:44 PM
    If the light glass doesn't have any screws, thumbscrews, or anything that unscrews at the bottom, then the glass itself rotates and drops out. You may have to apply gentle pressure.
    citibankplaza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 09:08 AM
    I had the same problem. Do not try to turn the bottom of the light fixture. Turn only the glass. The glass will turn out. Make sure you are on a safe ladder. Grasp the glass and turn counter clockwise, as if you were taking the cap off on an inverted jar. It will turn out. The bulb is a 75W halogen lamp (very small). To replace the glass, line up the dimples on the glass with the "bumps" on the inside of the light kit then turn clockwise as if you were screwing the cap on a inverted jar. You should be all set.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 01:57 PM
    This (more detailed) description is correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze fan light [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I had an electrician install my 2 Harbor breeze fans with remotes . They both worked great until yesterday. One of the remote fans the blades work in all modes but the light will not come on . Could the halogen light in it gone bad already in just a week. We cannot figure out how to take...

Harbor breeze light flicker [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I'm new here. Great site. Is there a way to access other answers? I have a new fan with remote that flickers. It seems many have had this problem How do I see the old answers before I waste people's time reiterating ?

Change light on Harbor Breeze [ 6 Answers ]

I cannot figure out how to get the light fixture open to change the bulb. The model number is AER52BP5LKRC. I tried to turn the glass fixture counter clockwise and it won't budge. Any suggestions?

Harbor Breeze dual fan different speeds [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a Harbor Breeze dual ceiling fan (small twin fans mounted either side of light) with remote control. Light works and both fans work on all three speeds, but whichever speed is selected, one fan spins considerably slower than the other, and the slower fan seems to have "drag" and...

Harbor Breeze Dual Dimmer Switch Confusion [ 1 Answers ]

I have an HB fan ready to go -- installed, wired and ready to snap into place. The issue is on the switch. I also replaced a single on/off switch with a dual dimmer from HB (can't go wrong with the same brand, right). I have to admit, this one has me stumped. Here's the set-up: 1. I have a...

View more questions Search