Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 07:18 PM
    TV converters that will be needed in 2009
    Can some one tell me where to get the coupons for the converters that will be needed in Feb of 2009. There is suppose to be a two coupon limit per family given free to people that have not bought the new TV's. Thanks for any help given.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 07:26 PM
    When Does The Program Begin?

The coupons will be available from January 1, 2008 to March 31, 2009. All households that own a TV using over-the-air analog reception are eligible.

Application Process

The NTIA described the application process as accessible through broad means such as online, phone, fax, or standard mail. An application must include:

Your name
    Address
    Number of coupons
    Confirmation that you use an over-the-air analog signal
    Confirmation that no other household member is applying for the coupons

After you send the application the coupons will be mailed through the United States Postal Service. Todd Sedmak, Communications Director at the NTIA, said that the coupons would be redeemable through the consumer's local electronic store, and that the coupon will look like a plastic gift card.

For more information, please visit the Federal Communication Commission's digital TV Web site at DIGITAL TELEVISION (DTV) Tomorrow's TV Today!.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 10:40 PM
    If you get your TV from an antenna on your roof or rabbit ears on your TV

You are receiving an ANALOG broadcast signal -- TV stations are switching

To Digital Signal and TURN OFF ANALOG in February of 2009
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 11:38 PM
    I disagree. You CAN receive digital signals from a roof mount antenna now in many areas. MOST stations are UHF. In the digital world, it's all or nothing, so you may have to upgrade your antennae system. VERY FEW stations will continue to broadcast Analog TV after February 2009.

It's safe to say that in ALMOST ALL areas analog TV will be turned off in February 2009.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
    You missunderstood my question, I know that I have analog TV's, the question is how do I confirm to the peole giving out the coupons that I am using analog TV's.

And thanks to both of you for your answers.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 05:07 PM
    You don't have too. It's an honesty system. No proof required. but you have to certify that your eligible. I forget the exact words on the appllication. . I applied for the coupons already on the web..
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 05:07 PM
    If someone has the web site to sign up for these coupons I would appreciate receiving it.
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 07:53 PM
    https://www.dtv2009.gov/Boxes.aspx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2009 camaro [ 6 Answers ]

2009 camaro

Ash Wednesday 2009 [ 2 Answers ]

When is Ash Wednesday 2009

In 2009 standard definition TV is eliminated and HDTV will be in. How does this work? [ 5 Answers ]

I have recently heard and have been told that standard definition TV will be eliminated in 2009 and everyone will have to get HDTV. I have a question, how will this work? Will everyone have to get a high def TV to get cable, this is my understanding and will cable companies such as Comcast or...

Phase Converters [ 1 Answers ]

Currently I am using a static phase converter on my LeBlonde lathe, and have just purchase a 3ph radial arm saw. I am curios about rotary converters. I have seen ads on the internet and read articles pertaining to them be are hesitant. Please correct me if I am in error; I understand you have to...

05 Gt mustang catalitic converters [ 2 Answers ]

I was thinking about removing the catalitcic converters from my gt mustang it's a 2005 what are the pro/cons to this besides the state emmissions requirements.hp gain how much nose diffrence

View more questions Search