Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rogeve33 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 05:05 PM
    What animal eats styropore and collects sunrose seed?
    AN animal has made a 10 cm hole in a carton, eaten or torn apart a piece of plastic foam packing 20 x 10 x 5 cm and collected a about a kilo of sunflower seeds. No droppings in the carton or around it. The carton was in a garage with open windows.
    What sort of intruder have I got?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Sounds like a raccoon to me. I'd set up a live trap with some peanut butter in it to find out for sure.
    mrssittingduck Posts: 151, Reputation: 24

Jan 19, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Could be either a raccoon, a rat, a mouse, a squirrel, all of the above would do the same thing, use the styrofoam for bedding and use the seed for welll umm food,

As said you can get many different sorts of traps, may be the safest bet
    mrssittingduck Posts: 151, Reputation: 24

Feb 3, 2008, 04:08 AM
    Have you been able to find what the culprit is yet?
    rogeve33 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 03:04 AM
    I suspect a bird! There are never any droppings and I have six window surrounds stored in cardboard boxes. In the top box there is a hole in the side, The styropore packing has been pelletised and there is about a kilo of uneaten sunflower seeds looking like they just came out of the bag.
    Here in Stockholm it is winter and our bird feeders are emptied by efficient birds daily. One of them is storing for a hard wintwer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Seed in penis [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I have a seed looking object right underneath the head of my penis, what is that?

Grants, seed $ [ 1 Answers ]

I own a traditional karate school and am looking to fund a scholarship program for school age kids that cannot afford to take advantage of the benefits of a martial arts education. How do I go about securing public or private $$ for this worthwhile program? Shihan patrick hussey Tenkara karate...

The furnace pan that collects the condensed water is not draining. [ 1 Answers ]

The floor underneath the furnace is very wet, it seems as if it isn't draining properly. What should I do about this?? The pipe that is coming out of the house has already been drained from excess water and it still continues to not drain properly from inside. Frank :mad:

Pineapple seed [ 2 Answers ]

Does pineapple seed need any vernalization before planting? How long after pick it up from fruit I have to plant it?

View more questions Search