Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alvin D Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Honewell RTH230B installation
    I purchased a Honeywell Thermostat (RTH230B) to replace a Janitrol HPT 18-60. The Janitrol has 7 wires hooked to the back and the Honeywell only has 5 places for wires. Is my Honeywell compatible? Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 03:10 PM
    If your Janitrol is a heat pump it is not compatible. No multistage heating.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1800.pdf

AND

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/67-5114.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell RTH230B programmable installation [ 4 Answers ]

My old Honeywell thermostat wiring is, White to W, yellow to Y, green to G and red to R, there also is a small piece of red wire jumping from Y to 1, (idon't know if that jump wire is for the fan only). The new RTH230B instructions show a small line under the Rh and Rc connections is that a...

RTH230B installation (or not) [ 6 Answers ]

I just brought home a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat, with terminals that look very unlike the wires connection to my old thermostat (put in by the builder in '94). The wires coming out of the wall are White, Orange, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and one that is kind of Pinkish. Can I use the RTH23B...

Honeywell rth230b installation [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing a Honeywell LR69071 with a RTH230B. The LR69071 is currently wired the following. W2 white R red G green Y yellow B blue X black

Another unsuccessful RTH230B installation [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to replace an old round mechanical thermostat (no apparent model number) with a digital programmable one (both Honeywell). It didn't go very well.. . "Wire to post" set up in the old thermostat: Red to R; Yellow to Y; Green to G; White to W; Brown to O There was also a blue wire...

Rth230b [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if I can program my RTH230B thermostat from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Thank you Stan

View more questions Search