Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Groin pain, is this normal?
    Hey guys! Well I'm 16 weeks and 3 days pregnant now and I have a couple of questions for you ladies! For the past couple days I've been having groin pain(right near wear a panty line would be be); it's kind of a dull ache/crampy feeling that lasts for a few hours and then goes away but eventually sneaks back up. Is this normal. Also, one morning I woke up and used the bathroom like always but when I laid down I started having abdominal cramps that were crampy but didn't feel like period cramps. I'm think it had something to do with my bladder being full all night long but I'm not sure... just want to know what you guys think. Thanks bunches in advance!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Yes, it's very normal. It is caused by a hormone called Relaxin that actually helps to relax the pelvic floor and all of the muscles and joints in your pelvic area in preparation for birth. Not to worry dear, it's normal.

It's a pain in the you know what, but it's normal.
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 11:25 AM
    It sure is a pain in the you know what, haha! Very annoying but I'm glad to hear it's normal! Thank you J!
    Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Glad to hear you are doing so well Rank. Just remember, this too shall pass, but not until baby is born.

A word of warning, not to scare you, but this pain will most likely get worse as baby and your tummy grow. You may begin to get pains in your buttocks, right in the middle where the sciatic nerve is. This is normal too.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Oh yes, I remember that pain too clearly haha, and doesn't seem there is much you can do about it, but grit your teeth and move on. Its just part of the preparation process.. hah.good luck. At least you only have less then 4 weeks left!
    Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Ouch Buggage, she has 24 weeks left!!

I jut think it's funny that the name of the hormone is RELAXIN and it relaxes the pelvic floor, but the whole pain thing is not very RELAXING!!
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 11:43 AM
    HAHAH OH!! hha, I guess that's what happens when you are sleep deprevived hah. Sorry!! I thought it said 36 weeks, not 16. Wow... thanks for catching that j!
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Thanks both of you! Yeah I had a about with the sciatic nerve pain a couple weeks ago... it's killer! I find out the gender on Tuesday so I'll be back to let you guys know!! :) Thanks again!
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Oh, I can't wait to hear the good news.

You know, with all 4 of mine I never found out. I just couldn't. Didn't want to know. If I were to have any more I still would not want to know.

Glad it's all going well for you.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Thanks so much! I'm so darn impatient haha! My mother was like you were J... just did not want to know with any of her pregnancies!
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 03:53 PM
    My philosophy was that if I were getting only one present for Christmas and I knew what it was going to be in July, Christmas wouldn't be as fun. LOL

That and the anticipation of finding out the sex made the labor and delivery go so much faster.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Like the philosophy J! Makes sense! My plan is to find out with this one but not with the next since I still have one semester of college left it will make nursery planning and all that jazz a bit easier... I assume anyway! Tomorrows the big day!
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 03:47 PM
    I am the most impatient women ever when it comes to finding out the gender. I would know what I was having the moment I conceived if it were possible. HAHA!Then I can start buying everything( and not have to get non-gender specific stuff) and have it all ready, and call it a "he" or "she" rather then " it" and have the name all picked out and everything. For me, It helped me further enjoy the pregnancy, already knowing. To each their own I guess! Of course, I've never been good at playing the waiting game with anything. Can't wait to hear the news tomorrow!
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 02:41 PM
    My goodness guys it's taken me so long to find the time to get back on here! Sorry to keep you ladies waiting! BIG NEWS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> It's a SWEET LITTLE BABY GIRL!
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 05:11 PM
    CONGRATS! That's soooo exciting! Any name ideas?
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Thanks bug!! We really like the name Lia and Willow right now... some of the variations we have going are Lia Belle, Willow Lia, Lia Willow... I like sophia too!
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Some of my friends have a little girl named sophie. Really cute. Lia is really cute too... ah! I can't wait for my ultrasound... man time goes by way so slow when you are excited haha. I am starting to find myself hoping for a girl. Haha. I have to keep saying " no guessing! you'll be wrong!" hah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in the middle of groin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I hope someone can give me some answers. I have pain in the middle of the groin area. I went to the doctor to check for hernia, lump or anything. I was told I don't have these, but I still feel a dull type of pain in the middle of the groin. Could someone please help? Thank you, steve48

Pain in left groin area [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, first time user here. I am 41, have had a hysterectomy 4 years ago, been having a lot of pain in left groin area. Have had mri, x-ray, ultrasound, and they cannot find anything. At first they thought it was my gallbladder, but to no avail, it was fine. Where do I go from here? Major drugs...

Left groin pulsing pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a sporadic pulsing pain in my left groin going several inches down into my leg on and off for a few months now. It is not hugely painful but worrying nonetheless. Any ideas? I don't think there is an ovulation connection.

Pain in the groin area [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have pain in the groin area and down the inside of my leg, mostly when I get up after I sit a long time. I have to stand still a few seconds for the pain to go away before I take a step. Someone said I could need hip replacement. I have gained a good bit of weight and my stomach is large, so...

Pain in lower left groin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am 22 years old and have never had a regular period. I can't even remember the last time I had a natural period. But my concern at this moment is that I have a pain on my lower left groin area that I have had for about 2 months now and it seems to be getting worse. Its kindof...

View more questions Search