Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Those wrong righty's
    Hello wingers:

Want to know why we have so much trouble? It’s cause the right wingers live in fantasy land. From their little hobbits in the tree trunk, they make law.

You see, they think if they just shout something long enough, and then write it down in a book and call it law, they’ve done their work. They can just lift their arrogant chins, and proclaim to the other hobbits, that they’ve done their job.

Here’s an example. They don’t like pot smokers. They thought they could make it illegal and that would take care of it. So they did, and then brushed their hands of the whole thing. Let the cops handle it.

But in the real world, it didn’t work. 25 million people didn’t stop. They questioned the law (as good citizens should), and we’ve been spiraling down hill ever since.

The righty’s pretended that something should happen because they wanted it to happen. They didn’t consider HOW it should happen. They didn’t even consider whether it should happen at all. They didn’t consider anything, other than their displeasure.

Ok. That was then. This is now. I don’t want to talk about drugs. I want to talk about immigration.

There are those righty's amongst you (including lots of Democrats) who think arresting and deporting 15 million or so illegal aliens is something we should do, cause they don’t like them being here. They think all you they have to do is write it down in a book, and it will be done. No consideration is given at all about HOW it is to be done.

They should do it, just because the righty’s want it. Waaaa, waaaaa. They’ll probably get their way too. They’ll write it down, and then try to ship 15 million people out of here.

And, if it weren’t so sad, I’d laugh my butt off at the futility of it all.

excon
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 09:35 AM
    I'm not sure that your brief summary of the "righty's" plan is adequate, but that's OK.

What's the great lefty or center plan? :)
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 09:52 AM
    We are deporting illegal immigrants as fast as we legally can; the detention centers are filled to capacity. I suggest it is the legal barriers set-up probably by the left that have created these barriers of protection under the law that are responsible. Everyone must have heard how the “Right” wants to just round them up and ship them out.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Jan 18, 2008, 10:25 AM
    I believe your blanket indictment of "rightys" to be unfair and self serving. Not all "rightys" believe the things that you have enumerated. I am a "righty" who accepts the limitations of institutions (government) created by man in solving all problems, and believe solutions are best found by individuals motivated by self interest. Read "Restoring The American Dream" by Robert Ringer who explains the Libertarian line of thought. Unfortunately, too many Libertarian spokespeople have been abducted by space aliens. I think that Reefer Madness should be legal, and perhaps other substances as well; the abortion dilemma should be left to the individual woman; the McCain/Kennedy bill was probably a good, if imperfect start to address the illegal alien problem. I believe in strong national defense and fiscal responsibility. Painting with too broad of a brush is not good.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Hello again:

Here's my plan. They're here. That's so. We're not going to ship them out. Let's pass a law that deals with the reality of the situation.

I have no problem with sanctions of some sort, and maybe the first generation of illegals can never be made citizens... Ok. Beyond that, I don't know. But, you can't punish their families for 50 years of congressional neglect.

Look, I'm not going to parse a law that ultimately doesn't allow them to stay, but recognizes that we can't make them all leave.

excon

PS> I'm a great believer in Robert Ringer and his work.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Actually, what excon is suggesting is a Palestinian peace plan: the Israelis can take down their fences, denude any minefields, and let the Palestinians immigrate. Problem solved. Thanks, excon.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 11:03 AM

We have a law that deals with reality, it's called legal immigration.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 12:19 PM
    The rightys had a plan . We were told that once all the illegals were legal .Then they would ENFORCE the laws . What we were told was a lie. Now we are told... well.. they are here already so let's make them legal and this time... no kidding... we will enforce the law. Sort of becomes apattern similar to this :

I think we should try to enforce the laws first and then when trust is returned then we can talk about how to deal with who is still here.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    actually, what excon is suggesting is a Palestinian peace plan: the Israelis can take down their fences, denude any minefields, and let the Palestinians immigrate. Problem solved. Thanks, excon.
    Good point!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Amen amen!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The truth DOES hurt the righty's [ 30 Answers ]

Hello: Speaking about the truth hurting the righty's, catch this: I was deeply involved in my daily dose of Brit Hume and his cadre of neo-cons, Bill Kristol, Morton Kondrake, and Fred Barns, when I spit my coffee all over the TV. I love those guy's, don't you? They were talking about...

What is wrong with me? [ 5 Answers ]

I constantly battle with my own conscience. Sometimes I'll feel really down and then I'll seem to have a conversation with myself in my head. All I hear are negative things like 'you're no good' and 'the world is better off without you.' A few times I literally punched myself on both sides of my...

Something is wrong with me [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently and unfortunately diagnosed with hpv and bv. I have been treated for both but my vagina is changing. My labia seems to be changing color to a darker purple and is starting to have a shriveling effect. The woman who diagnosed me at planned parenthood said that the vagina can be...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

Did I do something wrong ? [ 3 Answers ]

I know this guy that's in 2 of my college classes. He offered to help me with my homework. I went to his house, we did our work. We get along well and I really like him. Well one day he emails me and tells me that he would like to get to know me better than he does now. So we've shared info back...

View more questions Search