Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boop21197 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Where to apply for grant
    Can you apply for a grant to buy a house?
    Were do you apply for a grant at?
    Do you have to pay back the grant?
    How do you go about getting a grant?
    The reason I ask is that I have a daugther that just had a baby and I have a son that is mildy retared that stays with her, they both are just throwing they're money away on renting, but she has bad credit from being dum when she was young and my son is on disablilty, he gets SSI
    They don't make that much money, effort to pay rent, car payments, car insurance, food, ana all that other stuff, but they have not save any money to buy a house and want to get into a house, right now they are living in a basement apartment and now since the baby is here, it's just too small, I told her that they should look into getting a grant to buy a house so the baby will have a place to grow up.
    GrantGopher Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jan 18, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Many cities and counties do have first time home buyer programs. The terms of each program may be slightly different as far as a grant versus a long-term, low interest loan.

I suggest you visit the city and county websites in their area. If they have a home buyer program, all of the necessary information to apply will be on the website.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 04:28 PM
    You will not get a grant for an entire home, and normally will need some money for closing costs, there are first time home owners, and also programs to move people into certain areas of a city that are being redid.

But they still have to have good enough credit to get a loan. An it is still harder and harder every day, since many sub prime lenders are going bankrupt
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 04:39 PM
    You can also check into Habitat for Humanity.

But to be brutally honest, no one is going to give them a home. They need to learn to budget and pay their bills on time.

Even with grants, loans and Habitat, they will need some money at least up front.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a grant for my G.E.D [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get a grant to get my G.E.D. I am a single mom with no extra money. I am trying to get some kind of help. I am getting no without an education. I want to be able to be a good provider for my little girl!

How to get a grant [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own home health care business and I have been searching online, but I don't know where to begin, most websites want you to download or pay for there services and I don't have the cash. Can someone please help me on, how to apply for a grant.

Have a grant to ask [ 1 Answers ]

Are their any grants for single parents?

Need a grant [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone please let me know of any legitimate grants that could be located. I'm a single mom struggling now with rent, instead of owing my own home. Could use some grant money to help to survive and succeed again

Where to get a grant [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody help me, does anybody know where to go get a grant, I don't won't to apply on line. I would like to go there personnely and apply or call. Thank you redpool

View more questions Search