Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darren_lee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2006, 05:21 PM
    My home is evil?
    I live with my partner in our new home, an apartment in aberdeen scotland near a river. When we moved in it was great but we soon noticed some very abnormal things. The taps would just come on, items would fly off the shelfs and electrical appliances would turn off and on.

We just laughed it off until I started having horrid dreams. One in particular was a face, almost like it was made of clay, it snarled at me and then floated around our bed and attacked me.

This turned into a strange apparition, me being a non-christian (I had never even been in a catholic church) however my partner is a dennounced catholic. I saw a woman dressed in black sitting on rocks (sandstone) with a man across her knees just starring at me. It was deadland all around nothing growing nothing living. Her eyes were black and I felt really scared.

Then it got physical; something whispered into my ear one day in a language that I have never heard, and my partner experienced a pushing down upon him in bed. We didn't speak of our experiences to each other until it became too much and were amazed to find that we were experiencing similar things.

We called a priest in however is wasn't really too comfortable to do anything about it so we bought prayer cards and it died down. However we feel like its building up again.

The building is fairly new, used to be a hotel/school next door

Can anybody help us find out what it is?
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 8, 2006, 08:02 PM
    Trathnona maith agat. You are waiting on a sycic folk I know but I think what's at your home sounds evil to me. I don't know cause I haven't met your spirits but they sound bad to me trying to attack you but then they might just be scared. Some of them just are afraid because something bad or violent happened to them and this violence is all they know. They may be reallly hurting and want to lash out at the world. As for the language you heard can you remember what some of the words of the language sounded like. It may be an old language they spoke there ages ago. I think it is called Teutonic. Anyone can correct me if they want. Sorry to waste your time. I hope a sycic will find you soon.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2006, 08:15 PM
    Spirit
    My first though is how about moving, if it is an apartment perhaps finding another one quickly.

You may see if the priest will merely bless the house, the priest will not be able to do anything about "spirits" or possession without the bishops permission and even then he may not be trained in such matters and another priest trained in such matters.

Of course not being religious or having religious beleifs, even getting someone else to rid a spirit, most likely it could merely return since there would be no reason to stay away.

You may get some blessed icons and place them in each room, not saying it will help completely but worth a try
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 8, 2006, 10:38 PM
    Wow! This sounds like something right out of a horror movie. Try not to acknowledge the evil spirits in the house and stay close to your family. If things start to flare up and the spirits become violent, then I think you should sell the house and move.

Jan 8, 2006, 11:30 PM
    Yeah if they got to be all mean and stuff like the others say just hit the road.

Jan 10, 2006, 03:30 PM
    Thank you
    Thank you so much for your helpful responses, unfortunately my partner and I cannot move as we are students and have signed a 12 month contract. We discovered that a heap of people have moved in and out of the apartment over a very short period, it is a fantastic apartment so it doesn't quite add up (as they must of moved well before their contracts expired).

We have put up some prayer cards (Padre Pio and St. Micheal) and blessed reiki stones and it has stopped being 'physical' but we can feel it there at all times and it still likes to mess around with dreams and mirrors.

I can't quite remember what exactly it said but there was a word that stuck in my head it sounded a little like "demitri"?

A paranormal investigation team wants to set up in the apartment so maybe they could shed some thoughts on the situation.

Just lately though I feel as if something is building up and makes me feel like it could perhaps be to do with a religious issue as I keep repeating the vision of the lady dressed in black and I often see eyes when I close my own.

Please keep the advice coming if you don't mind because we are both worried sick and really really scared

Thank you

Jan 10, 2006, 05:28 PM
    Demetri- greek male name. Meaning of demeter. Demeter is the mythological goddess of the corn and harvest. That's what I've found so far on that. There are supposedly lots of stories on the lady in black but I can't seem to find any about her being with a man. I think I will let you or someone else research it though because I have started to feel physically ill looking at that stuff.

Jan 10, 2006, 08:20 PM
    Hey I found a site here you might find interesting. It even tells you how to tell when your ghost is not a ghost.

www.ghosthound.com/new/chapter10.htm

I don't know if it will help but there it is. Also others that have seen the "lady in black" usually see her as evil. She is described as having an evil look in her eyes. She appears in places in America and Russia and other countries as well. I wonder if they are all not reflections of one and the same spirit. Who knows really? The man I can not figure out. I will try to find more stuff if I can.

Jan 11, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Oh Demonic spirits feed off fear and other negative feelings so if you feel activity building up its because its feeding off someone's fear or anger if it is a demon. If the spirit that attacked you in your sleep leaves serious injuries or draws blood then you should think demon. A human spirit can scrtach you or push you a little but a demonic spirit will act with more rage and can hurl you against a wall where a human spirit is no very likey to do so. The spirit you saw floating around your bed could just be a human spirit who is trying to protect his territory. One thing you can do if you see anything paranormal happen like for instance the spirit picks up your shoes, You could stop and calmly say" can you please put my shoes down? I dont want them moved." The spirit if it is human would put the shoes dwn then you would say" thank you." If it is a demonic spirit it willl react negatively to what you say. Demons do not care how you feel. They have no compassion.Human spirits even if they are angry still understand if you are upset and will back off till you feel better.
    bobjclayton Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2006, 08:45 PM
    Haven't you watched the horror movies!! In my opinion I would move as soon as possible. Why live in fear?
    Zero Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jan 14, 2006, 04:49 PM
    The language spoken by these 'ghosts' is unlikely to be Teutonic more likely to be Celtic, Pictish or Gaelic.

Jan 14, 2006, 05:50 PM
    Yeah that's right. Thanks for the correction.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 15, 2006, 12:15 PM
    If you weren't binded to a contract I would say leave immediately as soon as possible. But then again what will happen if you break the contract? Will you loose your money? If it is really bothering the both of you this much and you are very frighten for your physical and emotional well being, holding out for twelve more months just so you don't loose the money isn't worth it in my opinion.

I believe these forces are very real and they could have some serious harm on your health and sanity. I hope for you sake you can leave that place. It sounds pretty bad to me.

Jan 17, 2006, 10:01 AM
    We are going to leave it with the investigation team, as students it really isn't an option to leave, if we can't tame or get rid of 'it' then we'll cross that bridge when we reach it
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Jan 24, 2006, 01:54 PM
    Hi Darren,
    I experienced something very similar to this before in a previous house. I would become aware of an entity in the corner of the room but I could not quite see it. I would hear strange noises, and was pushed out of the bed (only to be pushed back into it again!) Another night, I felt what can only be described as a "kiss" on my mouth as I lay in my bed. There were constant footsteps around the house - my flatmates were all witness to the same, albeit at a later stage. I think they thought I was losing my mind when I first admitted to what I had witnessed! I also saw objects moving of their own accord in other rooms in the house.
    What I used to do was speak to the entity - it allayed my fears temporarily, gave me a feeling of enpowerment, but also as Nymphetamine says, there was no negative energy to feed off. I kept conversation light, and when I felt fear would announce "ok, you're scaring me now. Its time for you to go for now. Please leave." I know this may sound ridiculous,but it was a great temporary measure. I felt more comfortable with whatever was in the house.
    Overall though, the vibe in the place was not good. The people I was living with and I had various (co-incidental?)spells of bad luck, and eventually I moved out - but not due to the spirit there.
    If it continues, I would seek the help of a medium or clairvoyant of some sort. The paranormal team should only enter your house if they are doing so with respect, and if you have a medium or someone in a simliar field in your company. Don't mess about with this. There might be a trapped soul in your house, but there's no point making enemies with him/her. Do try talking aloud to it though, if anything, it will have you and your flatmate less uncomfortable. Let me know how you get on though, best of luck!
    Antonbub Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 12:09 PM
    Wow, Any news on the paranormal investigation Team?
    Zipper Posts: 116, Reputation: 8

Feb 11, 2006, 07:24 PM
    Bob, see his reply above, they are students stuck with a 12 month lease.

If the prayer cards help, good. The Psychic Investigation may uncover some quite mundane reasons.
    What exactly are the 2 of you studying? This can have a connection to such occurrences.
    Are the 2 of you in a settled stable relationship, or is there stress? Do you argue sometimes?

Sorry to be probing but often psychological trauma can be externalised through some agency we don't fully understand.
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Feb 11, 2006, 07:32 PM
    Ask the landlord if someone has passed away... I know if someone was murdered in a house the people purchasing the home must be informed of this before they purchase it... maybe your landlord could help.
    But I have heard of ghosts killing... I believe in it because I have experienced ghost visits myself but it was a friendly ghost. If I where you I would say screw the contract and get out!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2006, 02:40 AM
    This sounds almost exactly like a house two friends and I rented near San Diego, California in the early 1990s. Whatever it was happened to be very touchie feelie also and whispered in my friends ear once. I was in the middle of a transfer to Arizona and by the time I left I was a nervous wreck! The day I left, I sat in my van just looking at the house and I whispered, "please don't follow me!" just at that moment, both front door locks locked, by themselves. I sped off and never looked back. I never had another problem with it though. After about a month I called my friends (they were a couple) and she told me she was packing her stuff and moving that very day. It seems that only a few nights before, her and Eddie had had a tiff so she went to sleep on the fouton. As she was laying there she noticed a dark figure standing in the big picture window directly over her head. As she began to scream to Eddie, it was suddenly laying on top of her and squeazed the air out of her lungs so she could not even speak. She told me that it would let her breath just enough to not die, but not enough to scream. This went on for twenty whole minutes. There was a digital clock on the table next to here and she was held with her head facing it the whole time. Finally it just disappeared and she grabbed her car keys, ran out and drove 45 miles in her underwear! When she got to her mother's house and told what had happened, the decision to move was made for her, as if she needed any help at this point. My experiances with it were not this dramatic and maybe that is because I did a lot of praying and threatening it in the name of Jesus Christ. It did play with me though and I had a distinct feeling that it had an evil side. When I was alone in the house it would make deep guttural sounds that would make your skin crawl. It really liked to do that when you were sitting on the toilet! There were three German Shepards in the back yard and I swear they could see it. One day I was sitting looking out the sliding glass door at them and they were looking in. Suddenly, they all three looked back towards the kitchen and in unison their heads followed something from the kitchen, slowly across the entire length of the house until it stopped right next to me.:eek: What you are dealing with is not good.
    Zipper Posts: 116, Reputation: 8

Feb 14, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Magprob, I suggest you retell your story, which sounds fascinating on the following site: www.forteantimes.com or by email to the Editor at [email protected] (mention "It happened to me.." in the subject line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evil step mom [ 27 Answers ]

I am writing because I have an evil step mom. I know you are all thinking that I must be irrational, but any other step parents out there will agree that it is women like this one that gives them such a bad name, and they get the flack for people like her. My little brother and I live at home....

The Evil Eye. Is there such a thing? [ 25 Answers ]

O.K. so going to the grocery store is usually mediocre. The other day,there I was, turning around to move my cart from an island where they keep cold sandwiches & stuff. So I turn around, ready to go forward, and there was this man(about 60) giving me this look. There was no reason for the look...

Evil old navy... [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows the name of the song in the new old navy commercial "spring loves stripes". A woman sings it and the chorus goes " daddio, daddio" a few times... Its stuck in my head for hours after I see the commercial so I figure it would make sense for me to at least know...

Resident evil 4 [ 1 Answers ]

Where do you find the broken butterfly magnum on the castle level on Resi 4 ps2 ?

Evil spyware [ 6 Answers ]

I have decided to run some tests of the main spyware removal tools: Adaware, spybot, xoftspy, Micro$oft AS, trend housecall, etc. So what do you consider the worest spy/ad/malware out there? Also are there any other tools I should try? :D

View more questions Search