Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyrayblue Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Boiling a potato whole?
    Can you boil a potato whole? Without the outside turning to mush and a crunchy inside? Maybe if you leave the skin on?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Restaurants used to boil them whole with the skin on to make hash browns. It can be done.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 06:39 PM
    If the temperature is low enough and the potatoes are all the same size it will work. I'm not sure if you would need to puncture the skin first to keep them from splitting.
    tnt76 Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Feb 2, 2008, 10:25 PM
    You can easily boil whole potatoes. I would follow simon's suggestion to try to find potatoes about the same size so they cook evenly and finish about the same time. Leave the skins on. You don't have to prick the skins like you do when you bake them. The skins may split on their own while cooking though. You can easily peel them after they cool off. Take them out when they are fork tender - This is the way I cook them when I make potato salad. Works great!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boiling salt [ 3 Answers ]

What's the effect of boiling salt in water

Boiling point of cycohexanol [ 2 Answers ]

Why the boiling point of cycohexanol is higher than the boiling point of toulene?

Boiling temperatures [ 5 Answers ]

What type of graph should I use to compare speeds of how long it took for something to boil?

Potato Soup [ 7 Answers ]

Looking for an old fashion potato soup receipt. Just the basic receipt. Like potatoes milk butter & onions. Single man just wanting to make some without a clue how to cook

HELP- boiling eggs [ 3 Answers ]

I know its supposed to be the easiest thing to make, but I have incredible difficulty boiling eggs! What gives?? They either turn out not cooked enough, or the water evaporates, or the eggs explode in the water! Please help, I have tried every thing and the eggs never turn out right. What's the...

View more questions Search