Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    The Money Pit Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 05:18 PM
    How to get rid of air in pipes
    Hello,

We have a well that needed a copper pipe replaced. You could actually see through the threads. Air was in the line and all the faucets started spitting water. We changed the pipe and tightened everything up but there's still air in the lines. How do we get it completely out.

Thanks for your help.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Believe it or not... simply continue to run the water throughout the house... I always bleed air out through the tub first (no aerators to clog (as on sinks)). Then open the rest of the faucets until they purge clear of air... takes a few minutes but will eventually run normal. If it does not run normal after a few minutes of purging something else could be wrong... try this first... I know it sounds a little silly... "run the water longer"... but basically that is all you should have to do.

If my answer was helpful please rate my answer by clicking on the RATE THIS ANSWER button below! Thank you!!

Jan 17, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Thanks, we'll try that now. Should we run both hot and cold or just cold?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Both, your water heater was supplied by the same bubbly cold water.

Jan 17, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Thanks, that seemed to have worked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Popping pipes! [ 6 Answers ]

Early in the morning, whether it's cold outside or not, the pipes under the master bathroom POP loudly! Is this normal? It wakes me up! What is it and what can I do about it?

Frozen pipes - detecting burst pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Cold side of the kitchen faucet was frozen this a.m. Trickle returned this evening, followed by an immediate drop in hot faucet pressure - then some brownish water - the brownish water lasted 20 seconds - but the pressure is still low 1/3 pressure now and can get both some hot and some cold Have...

Old Pipes [ 4 Answers ]

I'm redoing a bathroom in a 1960's vintage home. Wanted to replace the rusted pipes draining from the sink (in the wall) with pvc. Should I screw out the pipe or just pull. Do I have to knock out the wall and get a clear view or can I do the job without wall damage. When I install the PVC do I...

Leaky pipes [ 2 Answers ]

Why would a shower with new pipes put in two days ago with no leakage start to leak tonight? It is by the handles to turn on and off the water behind the wall.

View more questions Search