Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuckno9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Why do the burners go out before the fan even comes on?
    The furnace ignites quickly with a blue flame and burns for approximately 2 minutes.
    Then the whole unit stops silent for about a second.
    Then the fan finally comes on after all of this and blows somewhat hot air for approximately
    3 minutes.

The entire cycle is 2 minutes of burners, then 3 minutes of fan, then off for about 5 minutes.

It does keep the house at the temp I set the thermostat at. But it seems very inefficient.

Thermostat is set to 60'

Thanks for any help

Chuck Norris
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Hi Chuck Norris. It sounds like your furnace has the Judo Chop Syndrome. LOL

It could be
    The heat anticipator in the thermostat which will cause the burner to short cycle.
    It could be the fan limit control that has gone out of calibration.
    Keeping a low temp of 60 degrees depending upon the size of the house and the BTU capability of the furnace could trigger a short cycle situation.
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 18, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Question, If you raise the temperature to say 65, does the unit stay running longer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burners come on, go off, come on, then they go away [ 3 Answers ]

Hi folks. I've got a problem with a Goodman GPG13 gas pack unit. When a call to heat is given all seems to work fine but the burners come on for a short time then some go off and come back on but after a while (a couple minutes) they all go off. And they stay off for the lock out time ~ I'm...

Gas stove burners [ 4 Answers ]

I have only one burner lighting on my gas stove. How do I relight the other burners?

Changing over burners from nu-way to giersch g 20 [ 1 Answers ]

Having changed burners ,how do I match up the four wires (not colour coded ) from the old thermorossi RT22 boiler to the new GIERSCH G20? Any ideas? JOE

Airtemp furnace burners do not come on [ 4 Answers ]

I have an old Airtemp furnace that has a problem. When I turned it on the first time this season the burners would not light. The pilot light ignites and then I hear a click (assume gas valve should open) to supply gas to burners but no joy.:confused: The pilot then goes out for a couple of...

Gas Stove burners [ 1 Answers ]

My GE gas stove's burners are very blackened out and it is a chore to light them and have even burns. How do I clean them.

View more questions Search