Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shell_Lee Posts: 83, Reputation: 10

Jan 17, 2008, 03:06 PM
    RSVP postcard
    I'm getting married on April 5th (less than 3 months) I will be mailing out my invites in the middle of next month. For the RSVP we are putting together a postcard. I am in the process of making the postcard right now.

I'm not sure what date to put on the RSVP for them to respond by. Does anyone know what is the normal? I've heard 2-3 weeks before the wedding. Is that correct?

Thanks

Michelle
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Check with your caterer and location with regards to when they need a final head count. Give yourself AT LEAST two weeks before the final head count for stragglers. You might be able to push it to a week before if your family/friends are good about RSVP'ing (mine weren't!) or if you have ample time to call people who don't respond but you are almost certain they will be coming.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 18, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Its best to ask your caterer as some need different time lines than others... partially depending on how elaborate your menu is.

Personally, my caterer only wanted a week. I requested RSVPs 3w in advance... and I'm GLAD I did! A full 10% didn't come until the day I had to inform the caterer... one came the day before the wedding!
    Three weeks also gives you time to call delinquents without having to rush yourself too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Fill out RSVP Card [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, How do I fill out the RSVP card with meal choice on it - it looks like this: M________________ Number attending____ Main Entree: Filet mignon and fillet of salmon

Ros RSVP new hardware found.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello people that know more than I could ever learn about computers, I've got a problem :eek: When I boot my computer up (dell-xp) it comes up every time with the below message "new hardware found RoS RSVP" Then when you try to install the hardware it asks for the cd, which I don't...

View more questions Search