Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessgloomy Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Proper Foods to Gain Weight
    Ok, I'm 18. 93-96 lbs, and 5'2. I eat junk food all day. Usually fast food for lunch. Eat out for dinner about every other night. I don't play sports or exercise on a regular basis.

I want to GAIN weight HEALTHILY. I just don't know what to eat. I usually eat stuff like nachos, popcorn, Dr. Pepper, candy, etc. I eat 4-5 snacks a day. I have no idea why I'm so skinny but I'm tired of people bothering me about it.

What are some foods I should try? Only thing I don't eat is beef.

HELP:confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 03:53 PM
    In a few years you won't have to worry about gaining weight as you will be obsessed with losing it. Right now your diet consists of sugar, sugar and more sugar. First stop the junk food (that is filled with sugar and soy products) as you will be sorry later on that you got hooked on it. Eating out at fast food restaurants are not a good idea either.

Right now your metabolism is high as you are young. Now you can eat gobs of sugar and burn it off. Start eating a sensible diet of real fruits and vegetables, chicken and fish. Right now you are just thin. I would not be so concerned about your weight but more concerned about your diet. At 5'2" you are about the same size I was when I was your age and I could not gain weight either. Just wait. Your metabolism will change soon.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Don't use junk food or fast food, (greasy) because they contain too much transfats and saturated fats. Omega 3 fatty acids sources like tuna, salmon, flax and walnuts are some good choices. Skinless poultry, lean meats, nuts, seeds, legumes, chickpeas, kidney beans, peanut butter, omlets, whole grain cereals, rice, pasta, granola, bagels and corn bread, some more choices, Try veggies like avacods, olives, potatoes, peas, corn, squash. Fruits like canned fruits in syrup, dried fruits and fruit nectars. Use protein powders and nutritional supplements like ensure and instant breakfast drinks. Use milk instead of water in cereals, soups, sauces. Mix cooked chop meat , wheat germ, nuts, beans, or cheese in casseroles, pasta and side dishes. Add 300-350 calories to your normal intake. Healthy carbs, fruits, veggies and whole grains, Use healthy unsaturated fats, (olive oil.) Honey and Jam, soy protein powders are really good snacking ideas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to gain weight 2! [ 5 Answers ]

Im 17 nealy 18, and can't seem to get past 7st 4lb, its like my maximum. Its been like this for a few years. What can I do? I'm about to get in to modelling and have been to the doctors. Help!!

I need my dog to gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

My dog Jake is almost a year old and I live in Alaska and he has no fat he is inside most of the time and is a sweet dog he is husky collie mix and he just looks to skinny how do I help him gain weight safely?:confused:

Proper weight for a 9 week lab puppy? [ 9 Answers ]

I took her to the vets the other day and the weighing thing said 5.80 or something like that, though I don't know whether that's a normal weight or not! Or even what that was measured in! :S The vet did say she had a lot of puppy fat - if this is the case how does she loose it? Comments would be...

How to gain weight? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm about to turn 15 on December 22nd. I'm a male, 6 feet, 1 inch. I'm quite tall however I'm only 130 pounds. My parents both doctors don't have time to take me to a gym to work out plus they said that I'm too young to go to the gym. My mother carried me to a gym after I begged her about 2 months...

View more questions Search