Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bagogeo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Smell in basement
    I have a 3 yr new construction house with grinder pump in basement.after 2-3 washing machine uses,the smell appears in the basement.. its a ranch style home with all p traps installed and 3 roof vent s... smell does not appear to be coming from pump itself,but is contained to the 1/4th basement area only where 75% of drainage occurs.. had thoughts of installing a line fan in the main grinder pump vent in the attic.. there is a vent for the wahing machines... any thoughts out there... george
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 05:40 PM
    So there's a vent for the washer, is there a trap for its drain or just a stand pipe?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic smell in basement [ 1 Answers ]

OK... I want to start by saying I have done my homework over the past several weeks and several times thought I had this problem licked. I consider myself a handyman but this problem has got me stumped. We moved into this house in June 2005. In late October 2005 my wife and I noticed a foul...

Bac Smell in the basement [ 1 Answers ]

We have a really bad sewage smell coming from a pipe in the basement, we were installing some new base board and had to go around a large metal pipe, about 6 inches in diameter, it smells REALLY bad. There is no dampness or water so I don't think it is cracked. Any ideas what could be going on? ...

Smell in basement [ 2 Answers ]

Every now and then I get a spetic smell in my basement. It is really bad after heavy rains. I have well water and get my septoic system pumped annually. Any ideas on what may be causing this odor and what I can do to correct the problem? It doesn't smell all the time but when it does its pretty...

Septic smell in basement [ 7 Answers ]

I've been reading many Q&As bbout septic smells and none seem to fit our problem. This house has a 4 year old system with a pump in a chamber in the ground. It was pumped 6 months ago, there are only two of us living here, no unused drains (dry trap), and no basement drains. The smell seems to come...

View more questions Search