Jan 17, 2008, 10:46 AM
    How do plants get the sunstances it needs for photosynthesis
    How do plants get the sunstances it needs for photosynthesis
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 27, 2008, 01:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz93
    how do plants get the sunstances it needs for photosynthesis
    Photosynthesis is the conversion of light energy into chemical energy by living organisms. The raw materials are carbon dioxide and water; the energy source is sunlight; and the end-products are oxygen and (energy rich) carbohydrates, for example sucrose, glucose and starch.
    Carbon dioxide is collected through tiny pores in their leaves called stomata from the atmosphere, and water through the root system and the stem from the soil.
    Click for detailed information on that on this link to Wikipedia.
    ;)
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Mar 29, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Lets work the way bacak, and also be more precise.

The end product of photosynthesis is glucose which is formed by the Carbondioxide present in the air , the water that comes from the ground.the energy is need to drive the reaction that comes from the wavelength the sunlight has got. Usaully red and blue are found to be most effective in photosynthesis. That's why the light when fall on the green paprts of the plant, triggers the electrons in the waters and change it to free oxygen ,the electron to drive the reaction comes from this elcetron of the oxygen. That goes on forming glucose and gives out carbondioxide by passing through different steps.

You can get it easily on wikipedia.
    AndMadMan Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Agreed. The plants make glucose which is the portable chemical energy source the plants use to synthesize the other molecules it needs.

For the most part, the plant absorbs the minerals and water from the ground. It absorbs carbon dioxide from the air. Chlorophyll absorbs the sunlight and converts it to chemical energy. There are also typically bacteria on the plants roots that also help to metabolize minerals in the ground into a form that used by the plants.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Photosynthesis reactants and products [ 2 Answers ]

Identify the reactants, (substrate), and products of photosynthesis.

I need to plant in direct sun under a window [ 2 Answers ]

What is a good plant to plant in the south west corner of a home under a window

The breakdown of photosynthesis [ 1 Answers ]

Where is photosynthesis located in a cell? What organisms use photosynthesis? What is the equation for photosynthesis? How are the reactants obtained for photosynthesis? Where do the products of photosynthesis go? What factors affect photosynthesis? How does photosynthesis affect a human...

Reactants and product of photosynthesis [ 1 Answers ]

What are the reactants and product in the process of photosynthesis?

Photosynthesis and repiration in plants [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: um.. I'm doing this thing on photosynthesis and respiration in plants and I have to do a diagram but I can't find any that I can understand thoguh.. can you help?

View more questions Search