Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love_struck_princess18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2008, 10:02 PM
    Emancipation
    I am 17 and living in a divorced home cousin verbally abuses me and calls me a can I get emancipated legally in Indiana
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 11:04 PM
    What do you wish to accomplish by being emancipated? What do you want to do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 05:59 AM
    Hello love:

You could if you could afford an attorney. But you can't - so you can't.

The good news is, you're going to be emancipated anyway in a very short time - and it won't cost you a nickel.

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Not sure about the laws of your state but you might be able to find a dcs agency that can help you ( dcs = department of children's services ) It might have a different name where you live but that's a start.
    To be independent you mostly have to prove to the courts that you are independent. Are you working enough to support yourself without the help of others ? What are your grades like in school ? If any of those things are out of line then you might be better off waiting till your 18. Then emancipation is a thing of the past as it will come to you at 18.
    hope you find what your looking for
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by love_struck_princess18
    I am 17 and living in a divorced home cousin verbally abuses me and calls me a can i get emancipated legally in Indiana

I believe your legal guardian can move to emancipate you - I do not believe you can emancipate yourself until you can prove you are self supporting in all ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some emancipation... [ 4 Answers ]

My cousin wants to get out of her house (one way or another), and live with her dad. Of course, her parents are divorced. So, should she emancipate or get her dad to go to court? Also, she's 14, soon to turn 15 in July. She says she wants to get out as soon as possible. We live in Georgia, and I'm...

Emancipation [ 4 Answers ]

OK I'm going to be 16 in like 8 months I haven't lived with my parents for the past 2 years. I have been living with my grandparents. Im not at their house very much I pretty much only sleep and shower here. So would it be easy for me to get the courts to emancipate me when I turn 16?I have a job...

Can I be emancipation now [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 going on 17 January 1 2008 and I want to be emanciapted because in my house there are so many people in a two bedroom and then it seems like everything I do is wrong and they yell at me for no reason what should I do.:mad: :confused: :( :( :( I could be getting good grades and they say...

Emancipation at 16 [ 4 Answers ]

My name is Miranda and I am 16 years old from Rapid City, South Dakota. I've lived between 3 family members (mom, dad, and aunt) throughout my entire life. I mentally and emotionally can not deal with my family anymore. I was wondering if I could become emancipated without either of my parents...

Emancipation [ 2 Answers ]

How old does a minor have to be in the state of Indiana to emancipate themselves?

View more questions Search