Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 05:57 AM
    A 14 is very likely to work just fine or you can put a decorative board behind the tank.
    tkonarik Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Since the distance right now is 13.5 inches from the center of the drain to the wall, do you think for the 14 inch rough in toilet that the tank would end up too close or resting against the wall? Thanks.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Some toilets are a little closer roughed than others... but a 14" rough will most likely work here (as Doug238 suggested)... it will be tight.. could even hit the wall, but will depend on particular toilet purchased.

If my answerhelped please rate my answer by clicking on RATE THE ANSWER! Button below. Thank You!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet rough-in [ 5 Answers ]

How far from the roughin wall to center line of waste should I set the toilet?

Basement toilet rough-in [ 3 Answers ]

New house with rough-in plumbing in basement. I installed toilet , flushed, it drained slow and bubbled . Also water backed up in shower drain. Is it a vent problem, or did builder block drain for some reason? Bill

Toilet rough in and shower [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: The rough in of all the drainage for my basement bathroom was done before we poured the basement floor. Now I am at building the framing for the walls. My first question is this. How do you measure to install a toilet in the proper place, meaning, my wall is not framed yet, where on the...

Microwave/Oven Combo 40 amp rough in whire size [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new Whirlpool microwave/oven combo (model GMC275) which calls for a 40 amp circuit. I need to run a new home run to the sub-panel and install a 40 amp breaker. The run is about 60 feet. What is the romex wire size I need to use?

Toilet Flange on rough in [ 2 Answers ]

What all is involved in mounting a toilet flange to rough in on conrete? Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search