Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjl56 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2006, 12:08 AM
    Virtual small business
    I have established a website to develop my business works in the field of consulting.
    What is the best way to enter the market and introducing my work?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2006, 11:44 AM
    1. Be sure you've got good keywords in your site's pages and submit it to Google and Yahoo.

2. Maybe try vinyl lettering or a magnet ad (both pretty cheap) for your vehicle.

3. Find out what businesses in your area would benefit from your services and deliver postcards, summarizing what you do, to them.

... just some thoughts...
    vacman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 01:44 PM
    It would seem as though it would depend on the type of consultation you are offering. If you offering consultation services in person, then obviously you'll want to market your company locally.

From personal experience, "beating feet" will be your best bet initially. What I mean by this is get some literature summarizing what it is that you are offering, and then go out to local businesses or residences depending on what services you are offering and promote yourself. Obviously newspapers are an inexpensive way to advertise locally.

Once you have established credibility, begin to build a customer database and keep in contact with your customers. Customer referrals are probably the best form of advertisement, and are certainly the least expensive way to generate future leads. You will certainly want to keep your customers satisfied. Anything else is certain death for your business.

If your consultation business is internet based, then you will want to research which sites and search engines to promote your business to.

Please keep in mind, if you have a hard time meeting new people and "beating feet" then maybe a consultation business is not right for you.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NSBA National Small Business Alliance [ 116 Answers ]

Attention all small business owners or individulas who are interested in establishing "Business Credit" donot become a member of NSBA located in California because National Small Business Alliance is a FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. NSBA guarantees a credit limit of $8,000.00 Travel, Business Marketing,...

Want to start my own small business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I want to start my own small business, something like an Internet Café but I don't know how to go about it. Thus, the items I would need, how much capital and all. I would be grateful if someone can help by telling me how go to about it.

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

Small Collectibles Business [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has started a small biasness, selling her collection of postcards, etc. on the web. Question - what entries do I need to make for the sale of an item in the journal (I am using MS Small Business Accounting Software). For example, she sells a postcard from her personal collection for...

Small Business Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

What Would I Need To File Business Bankruptcy And What Are The Consiquences

View more questions Search