Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afterthought Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Outside sewer collapse
    Does any one know if "any insurance companies" offer coverage for sewers that are on your property that collapse because of the way a builder put them in and tree roots have gotten in? These sewer lines are from the street to the house. The homes are 25 years old and the builder did a cheap trick by using sub standard material.:(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2008, 07:27 PM
    If you can prove the contractor did not use material up to code you may have a claim against their company.

And even if there were insurance that would, since this appears to already to have happened, you can't get insurance for something that already happened
    afterthought Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 07:37 PM
    I did not say that this happened to me. It happenend to someone else in the neighborhood
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Still no real insurance covers poor construction by the contractor, in fact normally that is excluded from most.
    It will all fall back on the insurance or law suit against the builder.

Of course how long from being put in, did the roots get in, roots will get into almost any pipe plus ground movement can break some pipes also.
    What schedule pipe did they use?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bookmarks - How to collapse the SubBookmark Tree [ 1 Answers ]

In Firefox I have many sub-bookmarks in the bookmark panel on the left of the Firefox screen. Frequently many of the sub-menus stay open or open when a new web page is opened. I know there is a quick way to collapse all the sub-menus without stepping through each one to do it.. How do I do it?

Can this structure collapse [ 2 Answers ]

I inserted a picture taken by the home inspector that just inspected my house. There was a concern about a column/pillar that was moved to create room for a carport. The inspector wants to know if the construction was done by an expert but the seller also bought it like that and there is no...

Duct collapse [ 3 Answers ]

All right! :D Found the problem, now I need some guidance. I posted an earlier question about my unit running and cooling, but having little airflow. I have finally found the culprit - now I need some help fixing it. I was looking at the blower thinking that was the problem, but happened to...

Vertical Collapse of Sharp 20AG2-S TV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can somebody help me rectify this problem as I have no manual to correctly troubleshoot. Dry joints soldered TDA 8357J IC replaced still no change. Please help, Vision Worm

View more questions Search