Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 16, 2008, 05:30 PM
    So. We're not allowed free speech on this site?
    We were having a good dicsussion about Huckabee and his religious beliefs vs his political beliefs, and for some reason the entire thread was deleted or moved. No explination.

I'm not sure why the askemehelpdesk forum God's get to determine what stays and what goes? If it was advertising, pure hate, or blatent stupidity, then I'd understand. But just a conversation?

Thanks staff.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2008, 05:42 PM
    Was not me, but then statements like you are just making, "forums God's" is part of the issues, many of your posts were pushing offensive,
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jan 16, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Come on, son. It's not to difficult to figure out that cussing at people and name calling is offensive. Top that off with your inability to show some respect. Think about what you say before making comments like, "forum God's."

Bobby
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2008, 09:39 PM
    Yes, actually it appears the thread is still there,
    And actually I challenge that your post here is not even the truth.
    You posted this about 30 minutes after you did a post on that thread, and then you re-posted on that thread 10 minutes after posting this.

So I would wonder if this is more of a wanting to cause trouble post, than a real complaint.

And as noted, you have had some of your posts edited and some deleted because of words you are using.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Yes, the thread was moved, not removed.

1) That does not infringe on "free speech".
    2) Free speech is not a guarantee on this forum anyway :)

"just Conversation" goes in the Member Discussion boards.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    Come on, son. It's not to difficult to figure out that cussing at people and name calling is offensive. Top that off with your inability to show some respect. Think about what you say before making comments like, "forum God's."
    You also comemnted that you wish he was impotent (here) so try to play by the same rules. :)

Jan 17, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    You also comemnted that you wish he was impotent (here) so try to play by the same rules. :)

No, I did not "comemnted," I commented. And I did that on the member forum discussion back pages after it was moved from the public question board. Never once did I cuss this young man or call him names. I needed to get his attention for discipline reasons. You should think about keeping your anger in control while your at it. Making your way over to comment about a discussion that you didn't participate in is suspicious. I've read a few of your posts, "NeedKarma.";)

Bobby
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Hi Bobby,

I'm a crappy typist, that I know but thanks for the pointing out my typo. "Anger" you say? I realize that's your passive-aggressive way of trying to rile someone, try harder though. :) Thanks for reading my posts! You'll probably have noticed that I don't live by these anonymous discussion boards, they are but a diversion from real life.

Have fun and play nice with others, not just your little inner circle here.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 09:10 AM
    There is no free speech on this or any other similar forum. This site is the property of the owners to do with, and make whatever rules they deem necessary.

Jan 17, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Hi Bobby,

I'm a crappy typist, that I know but thanks for the pointing out my typo. "Anger" you say? I realize that's your passive-aggressive way of trying to rile someone, try harder though. :) Thanks for reading my posts! You'll probably have noticed that I don't live by these anonymous discussion boards, they are but a diversion from real life.

Have fun and play nice with others, not just your little inner circle here.

Other than my use of facts, not passive-aggression, not needing an inner circle for dependency, not pursuing you to anger, nor caring about any anonymous aspect... I happen to agree with you. I like reading your posts for pure entertainment purposes. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    There is no free speech on this or any other similar forum. This site is the property of the owners to do with, and make whatever rules they deem necessary.
    Tom- I agree 100%! It's a privilege to post on this site, but that privilege can be taken way at the moderator's discretion for any reason, at any time.

Bobby Abramson
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EuRa
    I'm not sure why the askemehelpdesk forum God's get to determine what stays and what goes?
    If you read the site rules, you will find out what is allowed and not allowed. Apparently you or someone who posted pushed the envelope.

Please research what is meant by free speech. Free speech doesn't mean you can say anything you want to in any way you want. Plus, like I said earlier, this site has definite discussion and posting rules the members have agreed to obey.

Jan 17, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Wondergirl is: mature, smart, fair, and right on target. :)

Bobby
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Oh, Bobby!

*blush*
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 04:59 AM
    Ain't it sweet when we can all hug and be friends :)

C'mon everybody, get in close for a group hug :p
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 08:18 AM
    RickJ would rather have freshly-baked, still-warm-from-the-oven chocolate brownies?
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Oh sure, I love brownies and hugs :)
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    RickJ would rather have freshly-baked, still-warm-from-the-oven chocolate brownies?
    Me too!
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jan 18, 2008, 08:35 AM
    I've written objectional things out of anger on this site and felt bad after I clicked submit (why does that always happen?). After posting I fully expected to be edited or deleted and rightly so, not sure I ever have been.

So I'm saying that I think the moderators do a very good job editing and enforcing rules, I also find that you can write most liberally in here. If you cross the line then you will beedited, it is as it should be. Who would want to engage in name calling and insults anyway?

Glad to see everyone hugging and eating brownies:)
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 08:37 AM
    I'm having difficulty typeeng - what's in those brownees? :p
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2008, 09:02 AM
    I really love those people who wrap themselves in the free speech argument without any real understanding of what it means. The first amendment guarantees that CONGRESS shall not make any laws that abridge the right of free speech. AskMeHelpDesk is not the US Congress. We arre a private enterprise, owned and operated by private individuals. As such we have the right to control how this site is used.

We do promote the free exchange of information and ideas, but not to the point where it becomes insulting, abusive or fighting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why doesn't [ 66 Answers ]

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Dec. 4 will again hear a challenge by Michael Newdow to the Pledge of Allegiance and its phrase "under God." Newdow won his prior lawsuit against the pledge until the Supreme Court, perhaps to avoid public outrage in the 2004 presidential election year,...

Free speech end and personal choice begin [ 14 Answers ]

Where does free speech end and personal choice begin? Do publishers have the right to control their newspaper’s content except for libelous, slanderous or language that incites violence against an individual or group? Ought the fear of losing advertising revenue justify, or become a factor...

The assault on free speech (and one triumph) [ 22 Answers ]

Oakland California : Some public workers produced a flier in which they said "marriage is the foundation of the natural family and sustains family values." This was treated as "hate speech" by the city government after another city employee, who is a lesbian, said she "felt threatened" by the...

Free Speech [ 2 Answers ]

Cleric puts up one million dollors to kill cartoonist that created the funny. Well, I guess free thought as well as free speech is out of the question. Why are these people so very excitable? What exactly do they want out of life. I am truly perplexed when it comes to their behavior. Can anyone...

View more questions Search