Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 16, 2008, 03:30 PM
    KDE 4.0 Desktop for Linux
    Well I took the plunge,through gritted teeth,and after following instructions from a "techie" friend (so he says),I installed the brand new KDE 4.0 Desktop on Kabuntu.
    At first,the desktop froze,after loading,but two reboots later,and I was up and (looking).
    The taskbar is (huge),black,and quite a shock to the eyes.Where has the Start button gone? It is now,on my desktop anyway,a bright blue arrow,facing left.I kid you not.single clicking brings up a menu display.All I will say about this is,hover your mouse over the list,and like magic,apps appear.Oh yes,and in the top right-hand corner of the Desktop,there is an Add Widget icon.I now have a digital clock top center of my monitor screen.Sad I know,but I have only just installed this tonight.
    So far my media files play,even though I had to "Mount" my external drives via Nautilus,but I'm not too bothered.
    The provided wallpaper is OK,if a bit dull,but you can use your own.

Any one else took the plunge yet? :D

Check out some similar questions!

Linux OS Free [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone know where I can get this OS free. I'm told I can use an old PC with this OS as a firewall for my xp PC network. Is this recommended if so how do I go about setting it up.

Linux [ 3 Answers ]

I am using VI editor at work to try to compile my programs for school in C. When I compile I get the file a.out. When I do this on the school's site I am able to just type a.out in the command line and it runs. They are using AIX (whatever that means). I cannot do that here. It keeps saying no such...

Linux [ 5 Answers ]

I have a saa7134 TV cards .my linux (kernal 2.6)not configure for this TV cards.pls help me

Getting linux [ 1 Answers ]

Hi It's me again. First of all let me thank all the experts that have helped me with my problems. "THANK YOU GUYS" I ran all different sorts of scans on the computer and now it's running faster because all the rubbish files are deleted and the spy sweeper has killed all the spies. One of the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.