Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moose1123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Jan 16, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Timing how long a Ferret is in the room
    I have 3 Ferrets. They are cute and playful. I have noticed though between the three of them the poop on the average every 15 minutes. If my wife puts them in a room to play I can tell how long they have been there by the number of poops. Their poops are not out of the ordinary or 'sickly' looking. I am tending to believe this is normal. They will use a litter box but only if it is convenient for them. Is this normal for them to be so full of 'it'? We have to clean the cage every morning. I have fed them Ferret Food from PetCo and have tried Cat food as well. I am wondering if I can buy some little corks! :)
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jan 16, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Well, when I had farrets I fed them cat food. But farrets are notoriously messy animals. It is very normal to have to clean the cage on a daily basis, especially with 3 of them. No need to worry, they are just being themselves!
    MEDIstaff4u Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 01:36 AM
    It is not that they have to go so many times, it is more like they don't finish at one time so they "stretch" it out into like 10 little poos, haha!

I had 3 ferrets one time, I love them, but they can cause a mess! Try putting shoe box halves in the corners. You can tape them to the floor and walls or something to hold them.

I feel your pain believe me!
    sdresh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 04:25 AM
    Ferrets have a very short digestive time, they digest food in about 2 to 3 hours, They are strict carnivores (meat eaters), they lack a cecum which makes them unable to digest fruit or vegetables. They need a good high quality food made especially for ferrets. Not cat or kitten food, it contains to many grain products, corn can lead to intestinal blockage. The first three ingredients should be meat based. As far as your floors are concerned when they are out put newspapers in the corners or add litter box. When they have to go, they pick the nearest spot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are some symptoms of a pregnant ferret? [ 10 Answers ]

I have 2 males and 1 female. I do not know if they are fixed, but one of the males has been trying to get frisky with my female. She has been acting weird and nipping a lot. She is not as friendly and generally keeps to herself. This is not her usual personality. Could she be pregnant? What are the...

Interior room-to-room noise reduction [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I just moved into a home in Wheaton, IL. The house is great except for one thing: you can easily hear through the walls. For example, the master bathroom was placed along the main hallway, and you can hear... everything... not what you want when entertaining guests! I've read about...

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

A room 8.5m long and 4.5m wide is surrounded by a balcony 2m wide. Find the area [ 1 Answers ]

A room 8.5m long and 4.5m wide is surrounded by a balcony 2m wide. Find the area occupied by the balcony

Feisty Ferret [ 1 Answers ]

I have a baby ferret (kit) and I am having a hardest time potty training him. I have tried a few things. I put his "stuff" in the litter box and will still use the restroom in other parts of his cage. I also moved his litter box to where he was using the restroom the most and he'll go somewhere...

View more questions Search