Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hooper Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2006, 09:04 PM
    Muscle Fatigue, soreness
    I'm a 38 year old male who still enjoys playing basketball. My problem is that if I play on Monday my knees and legs are so sore I usually have to wait a day or two before I play again. If I try to play Tuesdays it seems to get progressively worse. Any hints on fighting muscle fatigue and soreness. Thanks!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2006, 06:26 AM
    Soreness
    Hi,
    It is a fact that as we get older, our musles don't respond as well as they use to! At 63, mine have slowed down considerably.

Here is a link for some good information, and tips on what to do to reduce muscle soreness:
    http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/..._99/muscle.htm

I do wish you the best of luck.
    rick23 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2006, 06:38 AM
    Hi

If it is your knees which are sore this is not muscular pain, it is more likely tendon or most probably cartilage damage, if you have played sport all your life particularly a sport such as basketball where there is considerable twisting and turning consequently wearing down the cartilage which prevents bones rubbing together, it is very common and there are operations to clean out the bits of cartilage around the knee which cause pain. If it is just muscular then yes it does take longer for muscles to recover when over the age of 35, our muscle and bone mass peaks about 28-30 after that it is a gradual degeneration, although exercise slows it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2006, 10:59 AM
    Of course from my photo you can tell what a buff hunk I still am ( hehe)

But seriously as we get older things hurt more, things don't bounce back as fast. Knee wraps and braces at times help, make sure you have very first class shoes to take a lot of the impact.

I have in the past did sky diving, white water rafting ( was even a licenced guided in NY) and a very active hunter. Well I can tell you, at times the exercise of getting out of bed is painful now adays

You have most likely that infectious disease called aging, I have not found the cure but I am still working on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muscle [ 2 Answers ]

I am really in to building muscle an I have bin doing weight for a while but I am wondering is there a fast rutine that can help muscle building faster I don't won't to use steroids as I know the side affects an it supposedly give you man boobs an I don't won't to use a toning device as it doesn't...

Breast Soreness/tenderness! Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Is It Possible During Very Early Pregnancy For The Breast Soreness To Come And Go During The Day. I Don't Mean Go Complitly But More As In Ease Up A Bit. I Am Worried Something May Be Wrong, Or Im Not Preggy And Its Just Hormons... Gahh! -amy

Fat to muscle [ 2 Answers ]

I am just curious in the process of fat to muscle. I've read o many different things about it I'm not to sure. Does your fat turn into muscle? How does this process work and what's the best way to acieve weight loss? And not gain a whole lot of muscle?

PC Muscle [ 1 Answers ]

Where exactly can the PC muscle be located for men i.e. the one that is used for Kegel exercises?

Fatigue [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first time having posted anything on this site. I have a question in regards to the massive ammounts of fatigue that I have been experiencing lately. I have been getting the recommended ammounts of sleep, yet I still feel like I am going to collapse all the time. True, my...

View more questions Search