Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moose1123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Jan 16, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Spill or Aux Limit switch
    My York Diamond 80 is not heating. When I turn it on the fan starts but flame does not attempt to ignite. The diagnostic code flashes 4 times. Sheet says 'Aux. Or Spill Limit switch'
    What are these? Where are they? Can they be reset?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 16, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Usually no to a reset. You need to find the cause of the problem before you reset the control anyway.
    Pilzer Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 06:23 PM

What is a spill limit switch? The question wasn't answered. How can someone fix a problem if they do not know what a spill limiot switch is? And so I ask again... What is a Spill Limit switch on a York Diamond 80 Furnace?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 06:34 PM

This question is in part answered at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...eat-58313.html

It is not something we want to answer because this safety device might be trying to save your life.

Sep 25, 2009, 06:54 PM

Uh thanks I tried loaading that page and my browser said "no" I though my puter thought the page funky. I will try again. Thanks. :)

Sep 25, 2009, 06:59 PM

Tried again and that page is full of pop-ups. My pop-ups are turned off. I turned my pop-ups on and the page won't load. So a spill limit switch is some sort of safety device? Is it a monoxide sensor?
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 07:38 PM

It is a temperature sensing device. If the flue gasses don't escape the way they should it overheats and trips, rather than filling your home with CO
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 07:40 PM
    It can also be positioned to prevent flames from rolling out of the heat exchanger and causing an explosion or fire.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilzer View Post
    uh thanks I tried loaading that page and my browser said "no" I though my puter thought the page funky. I will try again. thx. :)
    I can't explain why the pop ups are you using a good up to date virus program?

It is a link to the FAQ's on Helpmeaskdesk's HVAC start page. That sticky note at the very top of the page that says " Sticky: Heating & Cooling Maintenance, Repair & Troubleshooting FAQ from NortherHeat"

Sep 26, 2009, 07:57 AM

Don't know why the 'puter acts so funny either. 'tis an old abused 'puter. My kids play weird online games-webkins etc. Thank you for the clarification on the spill limit switch thing. I guess I should see a pro :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman limit switch/pressure switch? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a goodman furnace (mod. # GHT070-3) it's about 5 years old. Recently, the heat will only kick on for about 30 seconds then shut off. It's giving me 4 flashes: Open limit switch, then it kicks off. After that it gives me 3 flashes and turns back on (pressure switch). It seems the...

Fan limit switch? [ 6 Answers ]

I am troubleshooting a Gas furnace. I am trying to eliminate the fan/limit control and a 24 volt electric controlled switch. I am getting 24 volts to the switch. I have replaced a thermostat for this unit. There is an auto/manual switch on the fan/limit switch. When this switch is in the manual...

Limit Switch [ 2 Answers ]

I Would Just Like To Know Where It Is Located I Have A Evcon Enegry Guide Saver.heater Won't Come On Do To Limit Switch Being Open

Limit switch [ 1 Answers ]

What is a "limit switch" for a central heating unit? And is it expensive to replace?

Limit Switch - Pressure Switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Folks, This weekend I've been playing with a heating system at my new apartment and I'm trying to figure out what the different componets do. I kind of followed the circuit but still have some missing links... 1-There are some terminals on the furnace's circuit board labeled LIMIT. The...

View more questions Search