Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hello Im Johnny Cash Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2006, 06:47 PM
    I Need New Music!
    I would like to see other people's favorite songs/albums/artists. I have a very wide taste in music, especially independent, and its always interesting to find new music. A few genres I have been trying to get into are: techno, goth rock, anything German, indie rock, new wave, 90s indie pop, power metal, and 50s pop, but any suggestions will do :) .
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 06:56 PM
    How's June
    My wife is a recording artist, you can listen to some of her work on her web site

www.toniklughart.com
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Jan 7, 2006, 07:13 PM
    Hey... if you're looking for something mellow then I recommend Ben Harper, Joseph Arthur, Damien Rice and The Mountain Goats. These are my absolute faves! :D
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 7, 2006, 08:30 PM
    My very favorite is Nine Inch Nails. Here is some of their albums.

Halo1-Down in it

Halo2-pretty hate machine

Halo3-head like a hole

Halo4-sin

Halo5-broken

Halo6-fixed

Halo7-march of the pigs

Halo8-the downward spiral

Halo9-closer to God

Halo10-further down the spiral

Halo11-the perfect drug

Halo12-closure

Halo13- The day the world went away

Halo14-The fragile

Halo15-were in this together

Halo16-things falling apart

Halo17-and all that could have been

Halo18- the hand that feeds

Halo19-with teeth

Halo20-only

There is something in there for all your moods. My favorite song from them is " The day the world went away." Oh and by the way Johnny cash loved them.
    rick23 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2006, 04:45 AM
    Personally I like bands such as The rolling stones 'forty licks' is like a best of wich is good. Also 'The stone roses' an early 90's indie band. As for newer bands I like 'the strokes' probably there first album best, also 'kasabian' another english band. A slower album I like is by David Gray 'white Ladder'. Im also into Neil Young, Kings of Leon, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, happy mondays, and the duke spirit.

Jan 8, 2006, 04:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rick23
    Personally i like bands such as The rolling stones 'forty licks' is like a best of wich is good. Also 'The stone roses' an early 90's indie band. As for newer bands i like 'the strokes' probably there first album best, also 'kasabian' another english band. A slower album i like is by David Gray 'white Ladder'. Im also into Neil Young, Kings of Leon, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, happy mondays, and the duke spirit.

Good Call rick23! White Ladder is one of my personal faves! A New Day at Midnight by David Gray is also fantastic! Have you seen the Rolling Stones in concert? I got to see them in September and it was a surreal experience... :D
    rick23 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2006, 06:06 AM
    No never got chance to see them in concert, only got into the rolling stones about 4 years ago, got a live dvd of them and don't no what it is but doesn't seem the same seeing old wrinklies jirating around ha ha, but still bet it was good to go watch them. Hopefully going to watch Richard Ashcroft (out of the verve) this month. Any new bands uve heard which are worth purchasing?
    cfablemaster Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Jan 8, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Listen man
    Listen I like rap and some others. But if u ever get into a good JAPANESE song
    Look up: Utada Hikari. She moved my heart.

Jan 10, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rick23
    No never got chance to see them in concert, only got into the rolling stones about 4 years ago, got a live dvd of them and dont no what it is but doesnt seem the same seein old wrinklies jirating around ha ha, but still bet it was good to go watch them. Hopefully going to watch Richard Ashcroft (out of the verve) this month. Any new bands uve heard which are worth purchasing?
    Have you heard of Damien Rice? HIs debut album is called "O". He is featured in the movie "Closer" with Julia Roberts. The album is fantastic. Other than that I can't think of any new artists. How 'bout you?
    jstnvme Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2006, 09:05 PM
    New Music
    Oh, you got to check out the greatest hits from the following artists, just so you can fend for yourself in regards to listening to something different:
    Erasure Pop 20 Hits for your New Wave, Marylin Manson for your Goth/Industrial Rock, Best of the Beach Boys for your old school 50's Pop, and in regards to Techno, try out anything by Green Velvet, Armand Van Helden, or even Benny Benassi=getting royalties from the Wendy's commercial featuring his song "Satisfaction." Check em' all out when you get a chance.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Jan 10, 2006, 11:27 PM
    These days, I just take my cd player, go to a used CD store (like Rasputin in SF area) and try various things. Within couple of hours, I get a decent number of new music I want to try. This will ensure that you will buy things you would like.
    BrItTaNy7446 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2006, 03:43 PM
    I like hawthorne heights Ohio is for lovers, nine inch nails closer, or who I am hates who I've been by reliant k hope you like them
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 11, 2006, 04:09 PM
    Here.

And Adam Harris - Heavens Above
    ChopinConcerto2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 10:17 AM

Benny Benassi is great!!
    WiseRacoon Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 05:33 PM

Zeppelin.. Nirvana.. Alice in chains.. Blind Melon.. Pearl Jam... Soundgarden... Metallica.. Kyuss.. Tool

There's SO MUCH GENRES AND BANDS...
    bahamut Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Apr 23, 2009, 01:22 AM
    if u like metal/ screamo try Alesana or Atreyu =)
    lovjeffthompson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 01:13 AM
    Here is a link for a trance mix.. not sure what kind of music you're into but Jeff Thompson ALWAYS rocks my socks off and he, guarantee, has new mixes out ever month :D Here is a link to his site and a link to download his latest mix, keep in mind sendspace has a lot of ads, you'll have to scroll to the bottom of the page and click download.
    <3 Enjoy!

MySpace - Jeff Thompson - 26 - Male - SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA - myspace.com/djjeffthompson

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
    Sylvanta Sybil Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Sep 24, 2009, 01:39 AM

Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    Cradle of Filth
    Year of Desolation
    The Faceless
    Amon Amarth
    Norah Jones

And a lot of 90's alternative music
    (I got a wide range, too)

Is the way to go for me :)
    heavymellow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 08:17 PM
    I've been listening to this band called tripdavon a lot there pretty dope here's a download to there album www.tripdavon.com/three

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Music to die to. [ 4 Answers ]

If anybody has seen the movie Donnie Darko then you may know what I am talking about. In the last scene of the movie the song "Mad World" starts playing. I am looking for a song - nothing specific- with that kind of style to it. A nice quiet song that almost gives you a chance to reflect on what...

Music on CSI [ 1 Answers ]

? Want to know the music played @ the end of CSI on 1/30/03. Thanks

View more questions Search