Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gerald1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Upgrading from 100amp service to 200 amp service
    I have a 1994 model double wide home, and would like to change my 100 amp service to 200 amp service. ( I want to go to electric heat) I have a disconnect at the house after the meter and it say 200amp. Is the wiring from there to my breaker box able to handle 200 amp service, and if not how do I find out? Thanks for any help
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 11:58 AM
    2-2/0 for the hots, Neutral could be 1/0, The Breaker Box will also have an Amp Rating on Label. Wiring and Panel will need to be 200 Amp rated.
    If you have a 200 amp disconnect, you may have 200 amps to their, and to Panel.
    What size wires at the panel?
    Why do you think you have 100 amp service?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

100Amp disconnect panel before 100Amp main pannel [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to relocate my main 100Amp panel to the inside wall of my garage. Code saids the main panel must be on an outside wall. What I was thinking of doing Is install a New Main panel on the inside wall of the garage and put a 100Amp disconnect at the old panel location. I am aware of...

100 amp service vs. 200 amp service [ 4 Answers ]

:) I am looking at a small (totally remodeled home) with 100 amp service. I always thought it was better to have 200 amp. I will live there alone. Does this mean I can't run the dryer and microwave at the same time?

Upgrading/Relocating my service panel [ 1 Answers ]

I'm upgrading my service panel mainly because I need more breaker space, but will eventually need more juice. I'm an electrical engineer, but not a electrician, so I am fully aware of the principals, just not the code and best practices like electricians are, though I have been studying the code...

100 amp service vs. 200 amp service [ 5 Answers ]

The house I just bought was built in 1952. It's a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom with the standard screw in fuses (total amps unknown). Presently I'm doing a remodel. Adding a third bedroom & extra bathroom, washer & dryer, dishwasher, newer & larger refrigerator, bigger microwwave, probably 3 window air...

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

View more questions Search